It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2007, 06:12 PM   #1
(male)

jackyboy23 HB User
ANXIETY, Please tell me its true.

Greetings all, I want to explain my story and maybe relate to anyone elses to help me feel better. One year ago I was sitting in a sub diner and i started having a light pressure tingle climb up the top of my spine to the top of my head and I felt like a had to pass out. At first i shrugged it off and then it kept happening over and over so i completely flipped out. i went to the hospital had a LP, MRI, CT, Sleep check, among other things. Finally it was decided i must have panice disorder. Well i began treatment and found the medication helped out alot, i even read Lucindas Bassets book panic to power over 50 times to get a grip of myself. I was doing great but I continually had pressure in my head that would make me feel nauseous and I felt like i had to pass-out. Well thanks to the military i had nothing but free medicare and time (since i was a vegetable practically) to explore what was wrong. It was eventually decided that i should get my wisdom teeth removed. So i did it. The pressure went away for the most part. But now a year later almost i get head pressure and nausea and im just sick of it all. i feel better if i take a clonazopam but im tired of meds. Sometimes it comes in quick hard pressure bursts and i lose all concentration and get sent into a whirl of anxiety . The anxiety comes from me not being sure if i have nerve damage or some serious medical issue that has been overlooked by a doctor.
ALL im looking for is someone who can relate to me or atleast has heard of similar problems. Thank you very much -jack 23 lakeland, fl

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2007, 06:15 AM   #2
(male)

lancey14 HB User
Re: ANXIETY, Please tell me its true.

Hi
I have a similar story with head pressure, dizzyness, numbness feel like I may pass out and the same diagnosis of anxiety, although mine is a lot worse usually with movement so I am not convinced.

Old 06-03-2007, 06:24 PM   #3
(female)

kristinefibro HB User
Re: ANXIETY, Please tell me its true.

i've had a lot of anxiety until i found out that all the aches and pains i have been suffering from are fibromyalgia...so i understand how it feels to be in a state of panic due to strange symptoms....i can now tell the difference between my physical condition and my mental condition...but anxiety can cause all the symptoms you listed...my panic attacks originate from the same place....it starts in the middle of my back, travels up my spine and into my head which feels as if i'm in some sort of fog...then my spine gets all hot and i break out in a sweat...i thought this was nerve damage at first, but now i know it's the first symptoms of my panic attack...but, if you want to make sure, you should see a doctor and if you are tired of being told it's only anxiety, keep pushing until you find a doctor who will take you seriously. i suffered 4 years with horrible pain until i received a diagnosis from a very compassionate doctor....good luck....

Closed Thread