It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2007, 07:42 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

V_dubgurl HB User
Pregnancy and Anxiety

My husband and I want to start trying for a baby soon. I am scared to death about the whole thing. I want kids so badly, but am so afraid of the whole pregnancy and labor part. I have health anxiety really bad. I am dying of everything all the time. I wish I could just let it all go and be normal. But really what is normal? Has anyone on here with anxiety and panic been pregnant? and How did you cope? Thanks !

Old 06-08-2007, 08:28 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User
Re: Pregnancy and Anxiety

It is possible that with pregnancy your anxiety would be almost zero.I have 5 kids and while pregnant with each one all through the pregnancies my anxiety level was zero to very little.Of course here and there id worry of delivery and stuff but it was a normal worry like all women get.So yeah maybe youd be that way when pregnant you just dont know...some women feel the same or worse during pregnancy too.Tak to your doctor about your worries of anxiety during pregnancy.Best wishes!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2007, 06:53 AM   #3
(female)

nena4834 HB User

When I was pregnant I had hardly any anxiety. I was actually able to relax more than ever. It is probably the hormones. I really enjoyed my pregnancy. You do worry about the normal baby stuff, but I was not abnormally obsessed like usual. You are so excited about the baby that I don't believe that you have time to think about your own anxiety. At least that is the way I felt. I hope that you feel that way too if you do decide to get pregnant.

Old 06-09-2007, 07:18 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

V_dubgurl HB User

I have heard that before about the anxiety going away while pregnant. I just hope it is that way for me. We are going to start trying in 6 months to a year. I am trying to mentally prepare myself for it all now. Thanks any feed back is greatly appriciated.

Old 06-09-2007, 11:24 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

boxerlover227 HB Userboxerlover227 HB Userboxerlover227 HB Userboxerlover227 HB User

I would have to say the same. I suffer from anxiety and panic disorder and during my pregnancy 1st and only so far, I felt more balanced and my anxiety and panic attacks were minimal. (thank god) I had a wonderful healthy pregnancy. And my anxiety was just like yours, (over health) I think when you are pregnant you are also more focused on the wonderful gift that is growing inside you, and you begin to focus all your attention on keeping that gift safe and healthy! Good luck trying!! Boxerlover

Old 06-09-2007, 07:09 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

V_dubgurl HB User

Thank you! I am going to make a Dr appt to be put on prenatals. Hopefully in about 6 months we will start trying. My anxiety is low now, lets hope it stays that way!

Old 06-11-2007, 08:37 AM   #7
(female)

CTmomtoone HB User

I'm about 18 weeks pregnant now with my second and totally off all medication (ad and benzos) and it's been hard- especially having mostly heatlh anxiety. The first 15 weeks were terrible for me but I wanted to try to remain off meds. I did have alot of anxiety and even some panic attacks but was able to calm myself (took a little longer than usual)- i've been listening to relaxation tapes nightly. My doctors said there are AD that are safe to take and if it gets worse I will try them but so far, the past couple of weeks haven't been that bad - maybe the good hormones are finally kicking in I will definitely go back on the meds once I deliver. Just take one day at a time. It took me years to even think about trying again so I know what you are going thru right now. just do your best and if you need to take something, know that you can
----good luck!

Closed Thread