It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2007, 04:28 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

lylone HB User
numbness on right side of lips and part of cheek

Hey all,

I have been having these wierd sensations on my right side of my face. Its like my lips and part of my cheek feel sort of "fat" like they are going numb. I constantly touch the are with my toungue and hands, and still have feeling in them. It feels like when I have had too many drinks and you get the numbing feeling.
They never are tingly and I can always feel me touching and pinching them, but still its a wierd sensation. I have spoken to my mother and no one in my family has ever had a stroke or stroke issues even my 92 year old grandmother.
Do you think I should be concerned? or does it sound like what some of you all speak of out there who also have anxiety. I did do almost 5 miles on the treadmill today in 50 min and my bp is low. Should I worry?

Thanks for all your help,
Lyl

Old 06-09-2007, 07:58 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

marian100 HB User
Re: numbness on right side of lips and part of cheek

There is something called Bell's palsy which is a temporary condition that causes partial paralysis on one side of the face. It is caused by a virus and goes away. It could be something like that. In order to know you need to see a doctor. Do not assume it is anxiety, Godbless

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2007, 07:38 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

lylone HB User

I was seen by a doctor about a week ago for it and for other symptoms of a virus. I had loose stools, low grade fevers, fatigue and congestion. I told him that I was having wierd feelings of numbness in my face, but never did they go completely numb. I was given Zpak which I finished last week. Still have some congestion and fatigue and the numbness. It isn't a contant feeling and my face never goes completely numb. This morning I feel pretty good. Washed the car and are on my way to the pool to lay out and do some laps. No numbness wierd feeling so hopefully it will stay that way...

thanks,
lyl

Old 06-11-2007, 06:01 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User

I am not sure anxiety can cause this or not but I have had,and still sometimes have,some slight facial numbness.For me it will just come and go for a few days or so at a time.I have heard of people with anxiety disorders having this symptom but I dont know.I am thinking what the cause may be in some is hyperventilation which people can hyperventilate I hear without even knowing it and it is also unoticible to others.Personally I have caught myself not breathing properly before.

Last edited by tnmomofive; 06-11-2007 at 06:04 AM.

Old 06-11-2007, 08:42 AM   #5
(female)

loveagolden HB User

Hi,

I have a numb feeling & tingling in parts of my face & my toes. I was put through a battery of neuro/blood tests.....all found nothing. Diagnosis.....could be either perimenopause (I'm 51, estrogen dominant) or anxiety....most likely...both. I don't hyperventilate, so not sure what exactly causes this. Drs. can't explain other than to say it happens. One neuro dr. wants me to think about taking Cymbalt or Lexapro........

Last edited by ms_mod; 06-11-2007 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Always start your own thread to ask your questions, don't post them on someone elses thread. Ms_Mod

Old 06-11-2007, 09:02 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User

I had the numbness in the face. I was told it was anxiety.

Old 06-11-2007, 10:43 AM   #7
(male)

johnlovesjesus HB User

hello, i was recently diagonised with panic disorder, i've been out of work since feb 07. i have had symptons for many years and yet no doctor could ever tell me what was wrong, untill i actually had one in front of my doctor. i've tried lexapro, cymbalta, elevil, and wellbutrin, nothing helped now they have me on zolof. i woke one morning with the side of my face, tongue, and lips numb. i thought i had a stroke. it was anixety. talk to your doctor and go on different medical web sights and look for symptons associated with anixety and panic disorder. you probably are having more symptons than you know, things you would never dream was part of anxiety. i was shocked. good luck. it's a very scary thing

Old 06-11-2007, 10:31 PM   #8
(female)

Neja74 HB User
Wink Re: numbness on right side of lips and part of cheek

I have been diagnosed with panic and anxiety disorder too. I was hospitalized a year ago and was on meds for awhile then was weened off but I think that I need to be on them again. You know that is a very scary, but yet true thing. Because I get alot of numbness on my face mostly on my right side. Sometimes I was thinking that I was having a heart attack as well. It is so cool that I finally get to talk to someone else that is having the same thing!! I have tried Zoloft in the past and it gave me sexual problems. Right know I'm currently not taking anything but I see the doctor thursday and he will then put me on something again. This is pretty cool that I get to finally talk to someone about this!!!!

Last edited by ms_mod; 06-12-2007 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Old 06-11-2007, 10:32 PM   #9
(female)

Neja74 HB User

From what i'm hearing I think that is what it could be. It is kinda scary. Your not alone.

Old 06-12-2007, 04:04 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

lylone HB User

Well it is good to hear that I am not alone. I haven't had them for the last couple of days, but I am also back on my exercise track again. It may have surfaced because I hadn't been doing some good exercise daily which was keeping the panic/stress away.
Its such an odd sensation. Don't even get that tingly sensation or completely numb feeling. Just sort of in the middle and it is so annoying and scary to the point I take another 81mg aspirin or get on the treadmill to fix the problem.

Lyl

Old 06-12-2007, 05:50 AM   #11
(female)

nena4834 HB User

I have gotten that symptom also. It might be because I clench my teeth when I am really anxious. Usually it will go away after I stop clenching my teeth. It does make me anxious but I have had a battery of test and nothing has come up, so it must be anxiety. You are not alone.

Closed Thread