It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2007, 03:52 PM   #1
(female)

kyleigh88 HB User
Weird, out of body, feeling

Hi there,

I just joined this discussion board in search of my current state. I have read some symptoms of others but they have not yet nailed how i am feeling. It has been going on for about 4 months now. Started slow and now it happens throughout every day. I feel a hot tingly, pins and needles feeling through my body and sometimes it is enough to make me feel as if i am going to pass out but not quite. Its an overwhelming feeling that makes me feel not connected to my body. I get dizzy and anxious and I panic. Sometimes when i am driving i have to pull over to regroup. I sometimes feel as though i have no balance and im just watching myself from outside of my body. This tingly, weird, dizzy, unexplainable feeling happens to me throughout my days it comes and goes. I have good days too where i won't feel anything and I am happy and content. But other days i feel so scared and alone and like I am the only one in the world who is experiencing this. It is like a head rush too like pressure through my brain but not a headache. Its like feeling high...I'm just trying to explain it the best i can and hopefully someone feels the same? I have been to the dr. and naturopath losts since this started happeing in jan 07. The only thing either of them could find wrong with me was low iron. I have been taking iron supplements for 3 months now. Also when i was looking at the iron deficiency boards no one seeemed to have these symptoms. I am just so sick and tired of dealing with this and i don't know what else to do? i have been to chriopractors, massage techs hoping it was from whiplash but hundreds or dollars later i am sticking to my iron pills....and still feeling the same!
please help anyone who remotely has an idea of how i feel or what might help!
ky88

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-15-2007, 06:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User
Re: Weird, out of body, feeling

I feel the same way you are. I have for over a year now.

I do suffer from Low ferretin - this can make you feel like you have "brain fog".

Also, get your hormones checked - to be sure they are on even levels. I have high estrogen.

This is also anxiety. It is a horrible feeling. I hate it. i feel like I am in a dream 24 hours a day.

Recently I switched primary care doctors and I love my new doctor. He knows nothing life threatening is wrong so he is going to try different medications with me. One he is going to try first is for people with ADD - hoping this med will help me focus and the next (if this doesn't work) is one for people with narcolepsy (sp).

Try to get a doctor that will help you find different ways to feel better. Even if it is trying several medications.

I have to try these meds - I can't keep living my life this way.

Last edited by j2006; 06-15-2007 at 06:03 PM.

Old 06-15-2007, 06:29 PM   #3
(female)

alefever26 HB User

i have EXACTLY what you describe. Seriuosly, every detail. i have been going through it for 6 yrs now. all my tests come out fine too. it is the worst feeling ever!!!

Old 06-15-2007, 11:31 PM   #4
(male)

ctrl-alt-del HB User

At least you recognize that this is just anxiety...

If you change your perception of anxiety, then it won't affect you as much. I labeled my anxiety "an evolutionary process which is needed for me to survive" and because of the meaning I gave it - I actually think that it is beneficial to me now. Although once I changed my perception of it, I barely ever get it now... and if I do, then it's never a big deal. I just say to myself "nice, here's comes that evolutionary feeling that helps me survive" and I just go with it. It makes me conscious, but that is good because no one else around me is ever concsious...

Old 06-15-2007, 11:39 PM   #5
(male)

ctrl-alt-del HB User

By the way, that "out of body" and "weird feeling" is called derealization (or depersonalization). Look it up on the net.

Old 06-16-2007, 09:54 AM   #6
(female)

kyleigh88 HB User

J2006,

I totally know what you mean-can't keep living my life this way- it IS horrible! Although mine comes and goes and some days it is worse than others. I will get my hormone levels checked thank you. I do also prefer to go the natural way with meds so do you know of any vitamins for anxiety? I have heard St. John's wort i might try that. I sure hope this doesn't go on for a year! can you work? drive? what do you do with yourself? i find it difficult to drive alone sometimes like the feeling of something happening and no one to take over the control of the car overwhelms me sometimes. I just hope and wish that this goes away it is the most awful, degrading, endless cycle that seems overlooked....

Last edited by ms_mod; 06-16-2007 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Old 06-16-2007, 09:57 AM   #7
(female)

kyleigh88 HB User

ctrl-alt-del,

Haha i like the way you think!
I have also tried that with positive thinking and just going with the feeling. But yet sometimes it catches me off guard and i cannot control what my body starts feeling. panic. Is there any self help books about anxiety... i would like to think that i can overcome this too like you through my active thinking....i dont belive in taking meds for things like this i believe that your mind is the more powerful.

Last edited by ms_mod; 06-16-2007 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Old 06-16-2007, 09:59 AM   #8
(female)

kyleigh88 HB User

alefever26,

So what do you do for it? Have you found anything that helps you feel normal? or keep the feeling from coming? How old are you? It is honestly such a relief to have people replying about this i thought i was the only one in the world who could possibly be feeling this messed up! All i know is that i am not going through this anymore i need help now and i need to find a way to stop this! I hate what it is doing to my life!!

Last edited by ms_mod; 06-16-2007 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Old 06-16-2007, 02:47 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User

I go to work every day and I try to get out as much as possible. Even at my worst I make myself go out to the store. I take a multi vit and fish oil every day. Since adding the fish oil I am better. Not sure why but i am. Try to get as much sleep as possible.

Try not to focus on it. It is very hard to do when you have it all the time. Crossword puzzles, reading, enything that will make you focus.

if yours comes and goes you are lucky. Don;t give it the attention. When you start to feel that foggy feeling just focus on an object for a few minutes and move on.

Let me know if i can help.

Last edited by ms_mod; 06-16-2007 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Old 06-16-2007, 05:39 PM   #10
(female)

alefever26 HB User

well, paxil does help make it WAY less intense. i have been on it about 5 yrs. bu, i still have that feeling sometimes. i just deal with it. live everyday worried about if its gonna happen. sometimes it does, sometimes it doesnt. but when i wasnt on paxil it was happening about 30 times a day every day!!! i couldnt function.

Closed Thread