It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2007, 10:26 PM   #1
(male)

brandon777 HB User
question about a quick sharp pain in my heart......

Hi my name is brandon and this is my first post on here.

Basically for the past 4 years i have had bad anxiety. i went to the doctors 4 years ago(that was the last time i have been to the doctors having actual insurance) and i was diagnosed with MVP. but recently about 5 months ago i went to my wifes doctor without insurance and he told me its just anxiety and he didnt hear any clicking in my heart rythyms for it to be MVP. so i guess that was eliminated? i dunno. i need help or advice with this little issue i have been having for about 4 years now......

What happens is i can just be sitting there relaxing and out of no where BANG! this crazy quick sharp pain nails my heart(or my esophygus? people say thats what it could be) and i get this crazy sensation that hits my whole body and my body gets tingles and feels like blood just shot through my whole body and then it goes away real quick. for a better example think of it this way...... you know how when your house is at the bottom of a street and the gutter in front of your house is dry? and then a neighbor washes there car or waters the lawn and water runs down the gutter? well picture the water coming down the dry gutter.... when it gets to the dry area in the gutter in front of your house you put a card board box in front of it so it doesnt pass....... )hopefully whoever reads this is understanding this so far)and basically that means the water is just building up and building up right? ok so then you move the card board and then the water shoots rapidly down the gutter... gahhhhhh i hope no one thinks i am nuts. thats just the best way to explain it. i am scared. its been happening for years but now i am starting to notice it more. its really scary.... any one? advice? facts? knowledge of this? is this JUST anxiety? or could it be something more? help!!!

thank you

brandon

Last edited by ms_mod; 06-23-2007 at 08:09 AM. Reason: Removed text message chat room language and replaced it with real words. PLEASE always use REAL words in your posts! Ms_Mod

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2007, 11:32 AM   #2
(female)

Carly87 HB User
Re: question about a quick sharp pain in my heart......

Hey, I have MVP and have lots of experience with what you are talking about, I understand completely. First of all, its actually more common than you think to be diagnosed with MVP one doctor visit and then not at the next. the click sound is often really hard for doctors to hear as it is, and more often than not MVP can only be properly diagnosed with an echocardiogram. For example, if you are really hydrated that day you go to the doctors, they may not hear a click at all.

The chest pain thing is really common with mvp. It can be scary but try to keep in mind it is normal. But it is possible to get this and other symptoms of mvp like palps, and racing heart under control. I was first diagnosed w/ it when I was 11, but i most likely had it my whole life. I went until 19 years old without any symptoms, so I know that it never bothered me before.. I became symptomatic after a bout with anxiety, which I still deal with...If you have anxiety problems and you can get them under control, I can almost guarantee your symptoms will decrease a LOT! anxiety can really aggravate mvp. When MVP becomes symptomatic, its important to follow some dietary guidelines along with reducing stress...most important things include: LOTS OF WATER!! No caffeine whatsoever, very little sugar (eating sugar is like asking for palps), and limited alcohol (body breaks down alcohol into sugar). Limited simple carbs. Smaller meals. I find that my heart races if I eat a big carb packed meal, so I try to eat small amounts throughout the day. Exercise when you can.

Try some of these tips and see if they help you.

{REMOVED}

If you are unsure of what can and can not be posted on this board please read the posting rules.
What you offered to post WOULD violate the posting rules and would lead to banning.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Ms_Mod

Last edited by ms_mod; 06-23-2007 at 07:35 PM.

Old 06-23-2007, 03:48 PM   #3
(male)

brandon777 HB User
Re: question about a quick sharp pain in my heart......

you are amazing. that helped me alot. see the thing is, is i train MMA(mixed martial arts) i eat very healthy. alot of fruit chicken rice and stuff. and it sucks cuz on my way home i feel very uneasy in my truck. i dunno if its my lungs are way restless because i workout hard(keep in mind MMA is a very strenous exercise) or maybe cuz i am sitting so my diaphram is being smushed? not sure. but yea. that crazy feeling in my heart that i spoke of earlier though makes me feel like eventually one day it means ill end up with conorary heart disease. and no one in my family has a hiostry of it. but still i get scared of dying of a heart attack. but yes anything will help. Your words have helped sooo much

Last edited by ms_mod; 06-23-2007 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Removed text message, chat room language and replaced it with the real word. Please always use real words in your posts.

Closed Thread