It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2007, 03:11 AM   #1
(male)

deand HB User
Xanax VS Klonopin VS Valium

When I looked up the three drugs, I noticed constipation was a side effect for Xanax and not the other two. I have experienced this in the last few weeks when I have been taking Xanax as needed for aniety.

I know in general the three of these drugs are to slow you down, but if constipation becomes a factor, I will have anxiety over that.

Has anyone experienced this?

What are the major differences people are seeing who have tried all three drugs?

Also I have read you need stronger doses of Valium compared with Xanax to be equally effective.

Thank you.

Old 07-09-2007, 03:47 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

hopesprings2 HB User
Re: Xanax VS Klonopin VS Valium

Hi i have not tried a 3 ,but 2 of them.I already had problems going anyway.However there is alot of stuff for that you can take daily and drink alot.If that is the only reason then i wouldnt worry just eat fiber and drink.If you notice it at all start taking something.Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2007, 06:37 PM   #3
(male)

Christian73 HB User

I take Klonopin as needed but I've never had constipation from it. Klonopin is more prescribed than the other two because it doesn't effect your muscles/reflexes, etc. as much. I've taken the other two as well but not for a very long time. But as far as taking larger doses of valium, you can't really compare mgs per drug b/c each drug has it's own levels where it's effective. For example, I take 150 mg of my anti-depressant which is mid-level, but many people only take 20 mg of paxil for the same effect.

Similarly, a 1 mg klonopin has the same effect as a 10 mg valium in most people. It's just the strength of the individual drug per mg. not really a stronger dose.

Bumper Sticker in my therapist's office

Old 07-10-2007, 05:09 AM   #4
(male)

deand HB User

I already take Metamucil every night. I have always had trouble with my bowels.

Old 07-10-2007, 05:10 AM   #5
(male)

deand HB User

and 80MG of Prozac each day.

Thanks for responding.

Old 07-10-2007, 09:38 AM   #6
(female)

springgodess HB User

I think Ativan is most effective, although is not one of the medications you included on your list. It worked wonders for me when I needed it (bad panick attacks) and I would recommend it to anyone. Some people say it's milder than Xanax.

Closed Thread