It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2007, 04:52 PM   #1
(female)

midnightblu22 HB User
Unhappy i keep swallowing its annoying me!

hey does any one have any idea on why i keep swallowing? i went to my doctor and they sd there is nothing wrong with my throat so im gathering it may be something to do with my anxiety ive suffered from panic attacks for over a year and theyre on and off and sometimes im fine and the next im a wreck. i keep swallowing as in swallowing my own spit or jus even when my throat is dry and its on my mind alot. i hate the fact that people can probably tell im anxoius around them and this is jus an added stress for me to worry about.i cant even have a proper conversation as i choke on my own words and i look so stupi i hate having to keep swallow and i feel this problem may never go away aslong as i have this bloody anxiety
i went to group therapy lastyear and i was so nervous about going and on the morning of going i started to swallow and i ve had it since then on and off.it gets worse wen im really nervous and around people and my lips become dry and i cant talk properly i feel so stupid. i do not go therapy anymore as it was a group thearapy and was really unhelpful so im waiting for individual therapy right now. but id really like some advice or views that any one could share? thankyoux

Old 07-26-2007, 12:50 PM   #2
(female)

sharon4370 HB User
Re: i keep swallowing its annoying me!

Don't have any advice but I too suffer this problem. I am constantly swallowing and burping air all day long!!! I really think it has become a habit! Wish I had some advice

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2007, 05:25 PM   #3
(female)

midnightblu22 HB User
Re: i keep swallowing its annoying me!

yes i think it is jus an annoying habit like wen youre a kid and do things maybe out of comfort or something. i think it prob is jus a habit but cos im so paranoid im thinkin its to do with anxiety whch jus stresses me out! vicious circle...

Closed Thread