It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2007, 03:51 AM   #1
Veteran
(male)

Therag HB User
Help! My social anxiety is getting worse

Yet another weekend has gone to waste; I'm a virtual recluse, if it wasn't for the need to go to work I can honestly say that I would lock myself in the house. I've been on Citolopram for about two months now but I will not recieve councelling untill October due to the big waiting list. Yesterday I had to go for an eye test, and it was hell! I just could not bear to be in crowds of people and I felt as if I was going insane. I felt I wanted to shove people out of my way whenever they came close while walking through the city. I have no friends (apart from online){REMOVED}

Last edited by ms_mod; 08-05-2007 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Please read and follow the posting rules. If you are having those kinds of thoughts call 911 or you local ER ASAP. Ms_Mod

Old 08-05-2007, 04:41 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

StrongBow103 HB User
Re: Help! My social anxiety is getting worse

How do you manage in work then? I decided 5 yrs back my head had gone, I threatened to hit a customer over the head with a frozen turkey one Christmas. Time to see the Doc for meds, don`t you think?
Seriously though, go see Doc I been there. Go see Doc now, while you are able to go out. I`m a lost cause now, I cannot leave the house, not for 4 yrs now. I have panic/anxiety attacks/hyperventilation etc.
But there is an attack I get perhaps twice a year, It`s serious man.

Last edited by ms_mod; 08-05-2007 at 07:46 AM. Reason: If you know that a word is questionable enough that you have to ** it out then just don't use it choose a different word.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2007, 06:49 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

thaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB User

I agree with Strong Bow.
Please see a doc.
Your medicine should make you feel a little bit better but it does take time, longer than the 2 months you have been taking it. So please talk to a professional before you feel any worse and before October..If you went to ER wouldn't they refer you to someone quicker? I do not know . Maybe it is worth trying.
Hugs

Old 08-05-2007, 11:42 AM   #4
(female)

midnightblu22 HB User

hi thaliak we meet again!
Therag i really sympathise with you im not depressed or down but i have really bad social anxiety and it MAKES me depressed cos it stops me from doing sooo much.
i think alot of social anxiety is to do with a high level of alertness and awareness cos im so concious of everything that goes on around me.if i see someone else nervous in a certain situation i start getting tummy pains and feel embarrased FOR them cos i know how excruciatingly embarrasing it feels, yet you know what? 99% of ppl cudnt give a damn about noticing anyone elses nervousness or awkwardness and would certainly not been dwelling on it for us!
i was on a waiting list last year for group therapy and i hated it when i went (cos it was group) and it ddnt help me.
i was a total recluse for that time and it was such a waste and i was putting ALL my hopes on therapy being my miracle cure.
im now on another year long waiting list for individual therapy(by the way i hope your going to do cbt therapy cos its the only therapy that will give you any hope of getting thru your social phobia)
Please dont put all your hopes on therapists and psychologists cos theyre just ppl like you and me and no one knows yourself like you do.
obviously take what help they give you but give yourself little challenges. i know facing your fears doesnt help cos wen you fear ppl and what they think of you, going to a social event is hell and afterward youl still feel bad cos youl rerun all that happened in your head and you know its irrational but cant help it cos your brains been wired to these negative thoughts and they are just HABIT. youll learn this at therapy.
i cant even work so youre doing something right. believe me living with this is hell but staying at home till your therapy starts and torturing yourself with your thoughts wont help you at all, if anything youll feel even more alien when you start going therapy. try and keep some kind of contact with the outside world, i know its hard believe me i really do but ive been there done that waiting at home for therapy and it dont help as quickly and as easily as you think. you have to find your inner strength, even if you just talk to yourself everyday for 5mins self affirmation type things to boost your confidence.i stayed at home for 2weeks solid cos i felt low and i started to go out again and i found i was SO much worse for those 2weeks at home, having a panic attack just walking down the street so its important you dont become reclusive. talk to us on this board for support and remember youre not alonex

Old 08-05-2007, 11:57 AM   #5
(female)

angels wings HB User

I know there are many people out there with anxiety disorders that seem so overwhelming you can't even get out of bed. Trust me when I say this because I know. You can't always get better by seeing a shrink of some kind. The most wonderful thing that I've discovered is body cleansing. Get all that nasty crap out of your body. Get up and move around and if you can't get up move what ever moves on you. It's no joke about the millions of people out there saying that water alone can help your frame of mind!! The electrolytes in your brain can't spark and function when it's full of toxic waste. Your brain can get just as sick as your stomach or anything else. People take their precious brains for granted. They think they are mentally disabled when they just need to clean the attic a little, get the spider **** outta there!!

I started with going off of medications for depression. (And I'm not telling anyone to do that!) I'm just saying that I did it. Then I got some detox stuff going, some good organic liquid vitamins that I knew would go directly into my system, some magnesium and calcium powder that goes in water and some other liquid electrolytes that cleaned things up. That was 4 years ago and I am doing great. No drugs, no shrinks.

So, never say never........there is lots to do, so get moving and do it.

lots of love to all......angels wings

Last edited by ms_mod; 08-05-2007 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Please read and follow the posting rules. Ms_Mod

Closed Thread