It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2007, 06:19 PM   #1
(female)

marnb77 HB User
scared to try seroquel...

my psychiatrist prescribed seroquel for me to help me sleep thru the nite. I had my gallbladder out 3 weeks ago and i have been an anxious and emotional mess ever since. I manage to fall asleep at nite but once i wake up i can't go back to bed and my heart is racing and i feel panicky and awful... anyone have success w/ this med? I am also on klonopin, neurontin, and effexor.. any insight would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Old 08-06-2007, 08:43 AM   #2
(female)

mandy26 HB User
Re: scared to try seroquel...

Ugh, not being able to sleep well IS miserable. Sorry you're having this trouble. What aspect of trying this med frightens you? Have you tried it yet? Your doc thought it a good one to try to relieve your symptoms, so it seems that if you can get past the initial panic over taking another new med, giving it a fair try would be worthwhile. If it works, great! If not, you'll know, and you can move on, and it wouldn't likely be any worse than now.

I'm sure there are lots of others here on the board who could speak from more experience w/ seroquel... You can always do an advanced search here for any other threads discussing it. There's a wealth of information here.

Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2007, 08:08 PM   #3
(female)

SabresLover81 HB User

I was on 10mg of Lexapro (dr just upped it to 15) but 3 weeks ago I was having racing thoughts and anxiety (I had family coming to visit and was getting quite nervous) so the Dr. prescribed me Seroquel also. Just 25mg, which is quite low according to her (she says she has some people on over 1000mgs!! yikes) I was afraid to take it because of some of the side effects but when I took it I had no side effects except being tired. Which was good because I had bad insomnia as well...I take 25mg at night (around midnight) and I am asleep within a half an hour. I sleep straight through the night and don't wake up until morning. I didn't take it a couple times and noticed I went right back to being up until 5-6am. So it does help with sleeping!! God Bless & Good Luck! - Clare

Old 08-06-2007, 08:24 PM   #4
(female)

marnb77 HB User

Thanks clare, i actually started off w/ half of a 25 mg tablet last nite and it did help me sleep thru the night and helped a lot w/ my morning anxiety. Not sure if i should go up tp 25 tonite i'm still waiting for my pdoc to call me back. I just don't want to get addicted to something and then have to go off of it.. but my anxiety has gotten pretty out of control since i had surgery 3 weeks ago and i guess i'd rather feel better then crappy..

Old 08-06-2007, 08:27 PM   #5
(female)

marnb77 HB User

also does anyone know how long seroquel stays in your system for?

Old 08-07-2007, 05:56 AM   #6
(female)

peace1910 HB User
Red face Re: scared to try seroquel...

to all those who take seroquel,

i've been on seroquel for about 4 yrs and on quite a high dose, about 400 mg per night....just a caution here for all

seroquel makes you much more sensitive to the heat...you can overheat really fast even just being out in the hot weather, you don't even have to be doing much of anything....it has happened to me a few times, so i am super aware of how hot i am getting and take measures to cool off when i start to feel bad.

i has helped me sleep and i also use it as a mood stabilizer...it is a good alternative to other meds that are addictive...

best wishes to all..................peace1910

Closed Thread