It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2007, 10:46 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

dinney HB User
2nd Month on Effexor SR, should I still be having side effects ?

Hi,
Man, I feel like a total whinner but am still having the dizziness some and my eyes hurt/blurry most of the time, constipated even tho I eat LOTS of fruit/fiber and not sleeping well at all. Wake up in the mornings feeling like I haven't been to sleep. Am taking the effexor in the a.m.'s so shouldn't be that.

Am STILL waiting to hear from psychiatrist for an appt. to tweak my meds if need be.

Just wondered if this should all still be going on with me.

Thanks and God Bless from anyone who responds to me..

Old 08-07-2007, 05:38 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User
Re: 2nd Month on Effexor SR, should I still be having side effects ?

Hi:

Effexor is a very strong antidepressant that helps a large number of people. The problem is the side effects, I have been on Effexor at 150mg for around two years. My eyes are not what they use to be and get worse later in the day, I take over the counter meds to help the constipation, I take a lot of drugs to sleep. Chances are you will continue to have the side effects you are expereincing now for as long as your on this drug

take care
trg247
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2007, 06:38 PM   #3
(male)

Christian73 HB User

For me, most of the side effects seemed to lessen over time but I've never had as bad side effects as some other folks. The other possibility is that you'll become more acclimated to the side effects and they'll eventually be less noticeable.

Bumper Sticker in my therapist's office

Old 08-08-2007, 07:33 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

dinney HB User

Thanks SO much for the replies. Today my eyes are HORRIBLE and am trying to work at the computer, UGH. I don't know if I want to continue with the effexor is the eyes could get even worse and taking something for sleep and constipation because of Effexor. I guess I will suck it up until I finally get a call for appt. with psychiatrist to talk about my meds but God knows when that will be. Really worry about the vision thing but need to get into my eye dr. for exam soon anyway so will see what he has to say.

UGH, can't they make something that works without all the fricking side effects ?

Again, so appreciate hearing from you, makes me feel like I"m not making this stuff up.

Closed Thread