It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2007, 06:01 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

teacher2be HB User
anyone have shortness of breath?

i suffer from anxiety disorder and panic disorder. everyonce in awhile i will get short of breath. sometimes it happens when i feel like i am relaxed and not having panic attack. i was wondering is it a symptom of anxiety and maybe i am more anxious than i realize? just wondering has anyone had the shortness of breath that comes and goes?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2007, 06:46 PM   #2
(female)

Andrea84 HB User
Re: anyone have shortness of breath?

You should check it out before assuming it is anxiety.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2007, 03:25 PM   #3
(female)

yvonne33 HB User

I have it too, I have been taking prozac for 3 weeks and its not helping, I think this may not be anxiety after all, Im thinking possibly acid reflux, my stomach burns whenever i have the shortness of breath. I am going to the dr tomorrow to see what this may be...

Old 08-09-2007, 04:28 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

teacher2be HB User

i was going to write an update i also think my shortness of breath is related to reflux and indigestion. it has been alot better lately becasue my heartburn has been better. now the other night when reflux was bad i could not breathe for 3 hours then got bettter. i am on nexium everyday, but when i get stressed my reflux gets worse as so does anxiety. i also think it was more indigestion, but at times i feel like i am breathing harder or it feels more shallow and that is anxiety. but overall do feel alot better.

Old 08-09-2007, 04:30 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Sherri5186 HB User

Hi,

I have been having shortness of breath and severe headache
for almost a week now.Never had anxiety like this before,I was
scared,thought maybe it was a new med I was put on.
When I went to the ER,they told me it was anxiety.Asked me if I
have had any big worries lately.I haven't,it came out the blue.

Take care,Sherri

The Following User Says Thank You to Sherri5186 For This Useful Post:
mangthizzle (09-22-2011)
Old 08-10-2007, 06:25 AM   #6
(male)

dallen4 HB User

Hi- I think I understand what you are going through. I've had all kinds of problems in the past year including digestive problems, sleep problems, and whatever else.... they keep giving me a new illness every day. I do know that I never had anxiety until all this started. My doc says that when I start feeling bad, that I get really anxious...causing anxiety. I have "episodes" about once a day where I can't breathe and I feel just plain awful. They are usually only about 10 minutes long and then I feel totally normal. Once in a while I have a bad episode that can last for over an hour(usually when driving a long distance). It feels like my throat is closing up and someone is sitting on my chest. I'm not worried about anything or stressed, but they come out of nowhere...and they are horrible. Some people say that concentrating on breathing deep breaths helps...but it doesn't help me. The only thing that has worked for me is concentrating on something else...anything as long as it takes your mind away from what you are feeling. My doc put me on a mild anxiety medicine called Buspar which has helped a little. Most of my anxiety comes from my other medical problems making me feel awful. You should ask your doc about anxiety. I hope you start feeling better

Old 08-11-2007, 03:01 PM   #7
(female)

Lightlife HB User

Doyle,

your post interested me as ive been writing about these short of breath episodes for a while now. If you go to advanced search and put my name in, i think it will show all of my posts, take a read, they are similar to yours. Bu ti didnt ever write about the driving bit, which is also a big part of my panic attacks. Im on prozac now, things are getting less scary, but im still having these panic attacks, just not quite as full on.

Old 08-12-2007, 03:54 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Sherri5186 HB User

Hi All,

I have found out since that sudden anxiety I have,and went to
ER,it was actually the Zoloft I had just been started on the day
before.

Sherri

Closed Thread