It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2007, 08:05 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammi2 HB Usersammi2 HB Usersammi2 HB User
is shaking uncontrollably anxiety

I have a lot of health problems & have also been diagnosed with seizures but this doesn't feel like anything related to any of them. I can't seem to take any stress lately. I start shaking uncontrollably, my teeth even chatter, I could not hold anything in my hands I am shaking so bad. I am very cold & no amount of talking to myself or deep breathing will stop it. I also do this if I am awake suddenly when there is no apparent anxiety or stress related. I did it again last night. I usually take a Neurontin which I use for migraines or Ativan. When the shaking stops I feel very warm. I have mentioned it to my dr & he thinks it's caused from adrenal exhaustion but I'm not sure about that. I've had this since about 1994. What do you think? Thanks for your help this is very scarey.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2007, 10:33 AM   #2
(female)

bratforlife HB User
Re: is shaking uncontrollably anxiety

I have had where I wake up in the middle of the night freezing and shaking like you do if you are cold. I have also had where I had to rush my dad to the hospital and was shaking and could not stop. Seems in times of panic I get this shaking feeling then I am wore out afterwards. I have to concentrate on stopping myself from shaking. I always just tell myself okay this must be a panic attack concentrate and self talk my way through it.
Hope this helps you a little bit.

Thank you,
Dawn

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2007, 11:41 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammi2 HB Usersammi2 HB Usersammi2 HB User

Thanks Dawn. So far I have not been able to talk myself under control. Will continue to work on it.

Old 08-09-2007, 07:24 PM   #4
(male)

stackzone HB User

I always wake up shaking or if I don't-- within a half hour of being up, I shake. I was told its Hypoglycemia, but I check my sugar and its fine. This is one of my major symptoms.

I have other symptoms too, but it well may be anxiety.

Last edited by stackzone; 08-09-2007 at 07:25 PM.

Old 08-09-2007, 09:07 PM   #5
(female)

bratforlife HB User

I too thought it was hypoglycemia at first and when this happened at first I would get up and eat, but now when it happens I just fall back to sleep wake up in the morning and don't feel the urge to eat and once I wake up completely and calm myself down I can fall back to sleep that is why I also don't think it is that. I have a big fear during the day of my blood sugar dropping so I constantly have food at all times with me and eat every couple of hours. I talk to my therapist about it and I am not sure if it really is low blood sugar like hypoglycemia or my anxiety doing it to me. One night I was sleeping and my mom woke me up to say she thought my dad was having a heart attack and we had to take him to the hospital.. Driving him the whole way there I shook like you do if you are freezing where you can't stop shaking so I know this is not hypoglycemia.

Old 08-10-2007, 03:17 PM   #6
(female)

hopeless911 HB User

It may be. I suffer from panic atacks and it took a year to diagnose them. At first they thought I had Hypoglycemia also. Talk to your dr about anti anxiety medication ...it has worked well for me. I would tell you what has worked but I'm new and I don't think we're allowed to post specific medications. I don't mean to scare you but have they tested you for parkinsons? That's definitely one of the signs. Seek out advice from an internist...anxiety and panic attacks can be devastating if not treated. I literally got to the point I could not function with daily activities. Don't go untreated, seeek help. BE Well

Closed Thread