It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2007, 05:49 AM   #1
(male)

Inferit HB User
Panic Attacks- planning on seeing a doctor

I have panic attacks when i get stuck at a stop light. So I basically stopped driving and currently not working. I'm hoping to get some type of meds that will help me to get back to driving so I can start working again. Other than that i'm fine. I don't really have much anxiety unless im in a car.

Can anyone give me some heads up of what to expect at the doctors? I have always had a fear of needles so im hoping they dont draw blood. But if they have to, i guess i'll just take it.

Are there any questions I should ask my doctor while im there?

Also, I have a bad habit of chewing pills instead of swollowing them with water. I just dont really like the feeling of swallowing pills for some reason. Not really anxiety or anything. So are there any panic meds that can be chewed?

Old 08-10-2007, 06:04 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User
Re: Panic Attacks- planning on seeing a doctor

Some of my worst anxiety attacks were when I was behind the wheel so I feel for you.I can remember being at stop lights and suddenly here it came the nasty symptoms and id feel like just exiting my car and running away.Id squirm and roll windows down (even in dead of winter) praying for the light to turn green.Anyway,if it has been a while since a visit then yes you probably will have to have blood drawn.Just let them know it makes you nervous and im sure they will try and make it easier on you.As far as anxiety chewable anxiety medication well honestly I do not know of any,maybe someone else does.I do know some of the medications (ex.klonopin) can be dissolved under the tongue.If this only happens during driving a vehicle then id ask for something to take on a as needed basis.Also you may want to give therapy a try.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2007, 07:53 AM   #3
(male)

Inferit HB User
Re: Panic Attacks- planning on seeing a doctor

Thanks for the reply,

tnmomofive: hah, yeah you hit it dead on. I know exacally what you mean. I often roll the windows down or crank up the music. Heck, anything that will get my mind off the light. Hard part for me is trying to act "normal" when I have a full blown panic attack while I have people all around me lol.

Well I just set up a Doctor's appointment for next week. I just hope they have something chewable

For panic attacks do they usually give medicines that are "taken as needed" or daily? Also i'm a little confused with "taken as needed" becouse when I get stuck at a light it usually only lasts a few minuts, but pretty scary. So I would just take a pill at that moment, even if its a short term panic? Once i'm driving and moving i'm fine.

I actually been fighting this for a while, but Its getting worst. I just don't want to have to put myself into a panic and I start driving more and more less.

Hopefully when I get some meds I can finally be done with this stupid fear of stoplights/panics.

Last edited by Inferit; 08-14-2007 at 07:59 AM.

Closed Thread