It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2007, 10:55 PM   #1
(female)

dri1023 HB User
So Strange. please help!

Whenever falling asleep I would experience really strange racing thoughts. These thoughts often make no sense and I cannot remember them clearly. It could be a name of the person or something like that. Following this, I would get a panic attack and jump on the bed, have rapid heart beat and feel very scared and feel disoriented for a few seconds. What could this be? :

Old 08-12-2007, 12:59 AM   #2
(male)

spurs279 HB User
Re: So Strange. please help!

I'm not sure if this is similar but I get strange thoughts like that whenever I'm about to fall asleep. As soon and I kind of snap out of it and try to think back to what it was, I can't remember. The thoughts seem to get stranger the closer I get to falling asleep. Unlike your case, I don't get panic attacks following the thoughts. My anxiety is by far the worst when I'm trying to sleep though. I think it's because I have nothing else occupying my mind. There are some nights when I feel like I have to fight off panic attacks while trying to sleep.

Do you usually have trouble sleeping? If I'm feeling especially anxious, I take a Xanax and that helps.

Last edited by spurs279; 08-12-2007 at 01:01 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2007, 10:40 AM   #3
(female)

dri1023 HB User

i have taken xanax a week ago for airplane. Could this be withdrawal symptoms for taking xanax two times? This has started recently. It is so strange. The thougths I would get before falling asleep would be fragmented and not connected to each other. It could be the name of the person and then a song or a word that rhymes with the name. And then a panic attack. Once I open my eyes I still feel like I am asleep and feel very disoriented.
Does anyone know this could be? Has anyone had something like this? Please help!

Old 08-12-2007, 01:11 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

hopesprings2 HB User

not on xanax how ever i been having the fast pounding heart maybe on diazapam.
might ask your doctor it could be the medication and not in your head.

Last edited by ms_mod; 08-12-2007 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Closed Thread