It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2007, 08:07 AM   #1
(male)

DoubleM HB User
Anxiety at night - the one i've never been able to get rid of!

Hi everyone,

I have suffered from anxiety all my life, but it really started to get bad back in 2000 - I had'nt been able to sleep properly for a few days and got really anxious about it, which led to a terrible panic attack after a few nights - i had many more that night and went through a period where i was terrified of going to ed in case the panic attacks came back (I did'nt know what it was at the time).

I began seeking medical help and have been on citalopram off and on for the past few years - it helps take the edge off and ease the depression that comes with my anxiety, but every 3 months or so the panic attacks at night seems to return - i feel really tense before going bed and my mind begins searching for the trigger (usually something like a disturbing image from a movie), the panic attacks come back, and I spend most of the day worrying about it happening again.

I just wondered if anybody else suffers from this and what steps you have taken to help/solve the problem?

I've tried therapy, but it did'nt really work, and my doctor is getting arkward about giving me new pescriptions as they are constantly trying to wean me off the drugs!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Double M

Old 08-12-2007, 07:51 PM   #2
(male)

SteveGn HB User
Re: Anxiety at night - the one i've never been able to get rid of!

Double M, You mentioned in your post that your mind "begins searching for the trigger". That is a thought process that is causing you problems and needs to stop. Please go to the "anxiety tips" forum and read my thread titled, "My Suggestions For Anxiety ......" Stay strong and you can work through this. Steve

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2007, 08:53 PM   #3
(female)

JAILYN12 HB User
Re: Anxiety at night - the one i've never been able to get rid of!

I take Xanax if I have trouble sleeping. I also listen to classical music on my headphones. I can concentrate on the music and keep my mind off of my negative thoughts. It is boring music to me so It puts me to sleep. Give it a try it can't hurt.

Closed Thread