It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2007, 02:26 PM   #1
(female)

clairesdog HB User
Anxiety and retching

I have recently been prescribed propanolol for what started out as panic attacks but has escalated into severe anxiety, the shaking, racing heart and hyperventilating do ease slightly over the course of the day.

However the mornings are just horrendous. As soon as I open my eyes in the morning I have to sprint to the toilet, then I have 2 or 3 bouts of diarrhea. Following this i feel really really sick to the point where I start retching. I have not yet vomited but the dry retching can continue on and off for hours.
As I am phobic about vomiting this makes it even more distressing. I understand that it will take time and patience to over come and I am in no way expecting miracles.

Are there any methods or ways of easing this particular symptom.

I have gone from a happy and outgoing woman into a complete wreck, and it came out of the blue, well I had just recovered from a kidney infection, but I don't think this was the cause.

I have found some comfort in this site, and each and every one of you an inspiration to me who is just starting my journey.

Claire x

Old 08-13-2007, 08:13 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Kymberlee HB User
Re: Anxiety and retching

Hi, Clair,
Welcome to the boards! This is a great way to get some important info. & learn from others who have been thru/are going thru the same feelings that you are experiencing. It's a great place to get the support you need!
Some years ago, I had alot of the same feelings & things happening to me! I would have diarerrea (SP? I'm a bad speller, sorry!) every day and would be fearful of leaving the house to do simple shopping because I would be worried if I could get to a bathroom soon enough! It was an terrible time in my life and I thought I would go crazy! I went to the Doctor several times and had tons of testing done to be sure that I was okay. The Doctor finally put me on Paxil and told me to go to counseling. After getting on the med. and going to professional help, I got back to myself. It didn't happen overnight, it took some time & work on my part...but the point is that there is help& you CAN and WILL be yourself again! There is hope and you have to believe & KNOW that. Please take the steps to reach out and I promise that you'll feel much better!!! Kym. Feel free to ask any questions you may have&keep posting! God Bless You!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2007, 08:46 PM   #3
(female)

JAILYN12 HB User

I have experienced the same thing as you. When I get really bad anxiety in the morning it is the worst. I would just lay in bed and feel horrible. I would also get diarrhea and feel like vomiting. Celexa made me feel better and I take Xanax when I have panic attacks. That really calms me down. I usually feel better when I make myself get up and start my day. You just have to force yourself to keep doing your normal acitivities and not let it control your life. I really believe in medication.

Old 11-18-2007, 08:20 AM   #4
(male)

steve01 HB User

Hello Clairesdog

Has the medication worked?i hope it has.

Regards Steve01

Old 11-19-2007, 10:34 AM   #5
(female)

monkey619 HB User

Welcome to my world- I had this problem of dry heaving for several years and until I went on Paxil, it got worse. I have been on meds for 3 years now and NEVER wake up sick anymore. It has cured me, but once I am off of it, I will go right back to the way I was which is too scary to think about right now... Good luck!!

Closed Thread