It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2007, 02:50 PM   #1
(male)

spurs279 HB User
Heart flutters..do you get this?

Hi,
For over a month I've been able to feel my heart skipping beats. It almost feels like a flutter in the top of my chest/bottom of my neck. I've read on this board that other people have them but was wondering exactly when. They worry me because they don't seem to be random. For example they will happen after I move quickly, take a really deep breath, or bend over. I've gotten tests done and the doctors say it's just anxiety but I feel like if it were just anxiety then they would happen more randomly.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Old 08-12-2007, 11:03 PM   #2
(female)

katherineutc HB User
Re: Heart flutters..do you get this?

I had heart flutters really bad for about 5-6 days in a row... This was very recently. I was really freaking out over them. I thought there was something seriously wrong. I wondered if I would wake up in the morning when I'd go to sleep! I am female and 26. There wasn't anything I was specifically stressed about at that time, either (though I have been worried for a while about not having found a job yet). After cutting out caffeine (I am never going to have another Diet Coke ever again, esp. after discovering all the yucky stuff it has), starting a multivitamin (Women's Ultra Mega from GNC, to get what my body needed, especially magnesium, which can cause heart arrhythmias), taking a CoQ-10 supplement (helps with heart functioning) each day, and starting on omega-3 fish oil pills, they stopped! I also ordered some "Natural Calm" which is an easily absorbed magnesium supplement, it's supposed to help with flutters, I will take it when I get it in the mail, just in case.

I also attribute a lot to prayer and giving it over to God... In my life, nothing can compare to having Jesus on my side.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2007, 12:28 AM   #3
(male)

spurs279 HB User

I've had them for over a month so I'm going to look into magnesium and whatever else could help. I don't drink caffeine so that's not the problem. I've also tried taking multivitamins but they made me feel sick. I'm afraid to workout or do anything strenuous because I don't want to push my heart. Even though it's been checked out I still fear they could've missed something. Hopefully it's just anxiety.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Old 08-14-2007, 12:59 AM   #4
(female)

IslandDebTx HB User

funny that I found this, I have been wondering if I've had the same things. it worries me like crazy and here I am , almost 3 in the am and I often end up staying up this late, afraid to sleep at times, wondering if I"ll wake up. I am not sure if I have the heart feelings or not, but every once in awhile I think I feel something like a little.. hard to describe it but it's just an uncomfortable, not painful but scary feeling.
I think I have become such a hypochondriac. my FIL died in January of a sudden heart attack at like 3 or 4 in the morning and sometimes if I feel pain at that time, I get scared...thinking, he left at this time, what if I did?.. then I got an earache recently, never had one before, wondered if it had something to do with dizziness I occassionally have. then I think dizziness plus ear pain, maybe it's a tumore and I neglected it!! I am so weird. I am having those little heart like sensations right now, I almost feel it in my throat.
You know, not too long ago I made a decision to eat healthier foods. I was really on track with not eating fried stuff, cutting out fatty and sugary snacks, etc. I ate more fruit, lean chicken and beef, stuff like the 100 cal snacks and such, and I started feeling so much better. I even lost a little weight, which I really need to do anyway. but the thing is, my little strange feelings disappeared. Now I've been eating badly again and here I am feeling all sorts of weird things. Getting anxiety again too, and it had really been under control. It makes me think that our diets have a lot to do with things as well.
I don't have a solution for you or anyone else, not even myself! I'm just glad I found a post where someone is having the same issues as me, because it really scares me, but it makes me feel so much better to know I'm not going nuts and others have the same issues. That is the thing, finding others that feel like you do so you can validate that you're not insane or weird or anything (like, how many times have you had to demand that someone tell you you're not going to die during a panic attack, just to bring you back to reality??? I do that all the time). Thanks guys.

Old 08-14-2007, 06:12 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

ammy05 HB User

Heart Flutters Yuck ! I have this happen quite alot . I just can be sitting down doing nothing and it happens . But the other night it just wouldn't stop one right after the other and i was in bed . Was so afraid , thought I was going to have heart attack . I know this is coming from my anxiety ,and I stress alot at night , worring about everything . But I never had it go on for hours like that . I even got up and took my BP . It was okay ,but my heart rate was 103 . I am on HPB meds , but I guess anxiety has more control than meds ??? I am glad I am not only one with this problem , just wish none of us had them . I too do pray alot and we are all in Gods hands Ammy

Old 08-14-2007, 09:12 PM   #6
(male)

ckc27 HB User

You might want to try magnesium. Some feel that a lack of it is the actual reason for heart problems such as fluttering, rapid heart rate, irregular beats, etc... Around 400 mg. a day seems to be the usual recommendation. Make sure to take about the same amount of calcium, which helps the body assimilate the magnesium.

Old 08-15-2007, 01:07 AM   #7
(male)

spurs279 HB User

I'll definitely try the magnesium. I'm still worried though because the skipped beats don't seem random all the time. I noticed today it happened when I exhaled very deeply. I guess it seems like they happen when something in my body (like my breathing) gets thrown off. Was this the case for anyone else or were yours totally random? Thanks for the replies by the way.

Closed Thread