It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2007, 08:03 PM   #1
(male)

Josh_B HB User
Cymbalta users or ex-users check in please!!!

I'll keep it very simple guys !

Who has had success on this drug?

Does anyone have trouble sleeping? Keeping still through the night, or waking up a nervous wreck?? Cause I tried this drug starting @ 30mg for the first week and moving to 60 on the next and I couldnt sleep for anything and felt like the world was over when I woke up.

Input appreciated as always!!

Old 08-13-2007, 08:02 AM   #2
(female)

CTmomtoone HB User
Re: Cymbalta users or ex-users check in please!!!

I loved Cymbalta - I was on 30mg for a while then up to 60 then back down to 30. It worked so fast for me and I felt great - not on it now because I'm pregnant but will be going right back on after the baby. I took the pills in the morning always otherwise I did have trouble sleeping - The drug did give me more energy than usual - which can be good and bad. I always took ativan also when starting a new medication to combat any side effects - maybe you can try that. I'm on the medication for panic attacks and GAD.

There are so many different medication options - don't worry if it doesn't work for you - try something else. For me, I used Lexapro first, which worked but had bad sexual side effects then tried zoloft which was horrible then cymbalta which clicked with me.

Good Luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2007, 04:15 PM   #3
(female)

Sarah20 HB User

Hey,

I was on cymbalta 60g for 6mths... had no major problems apart from brain zaps if i forgot to take it. Im coming down off cymbalta now and get bad brain zaps. Dunno if it helped as much as lexapro ..going to try without meds for a while but i have heard people get good results from it..

Good luck hunxxxxx

Old 08-13-2007, 05:16 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I was on Cymbalta for anxiety and depression but stopped taking it pretty recently. I started at 30mg for a week and bumped up to 60mg. It made me EXHAUSTED and I was sleeping way too much. Totally drained my energy! So I moved back down to 30mg and then had trouble falling asleep since cutting the dose in half. I gained about 5 pounds and was trying VERY hard to lose weight and kept gaining so I stopped taking it before it got any worse (I have body image problems so it's important to me). It doesn't happen to everybody... I was just so upset that I was working out a lot and eating healthy and NOTHING... and once I stopped taking it I already lost a few pounds quickly.

Unfortunately, a couple weeks later, I have difficulty sleeping when I NEVER had trouble sleeping in the past. I was the type to fall asleep within 5 minutes. Now I'll be up so late at night and wide awake! The only time I sleep easily is when I have alcoholic drinks. My anxiety only improved while on it because it made me so drowsy, but now it's definitely not improving. It's hard for me to sit still and I'm very jittery and odd feeling. I freak out easily and had trouble breathing after being upset about not being able to work out because I fell and hurt my ankle while running.... I just don't feel relaxed at all! I hope this passes with more time.... I guess that's part of withdrawal. The first few days after stopping it, I felt miserable and so sad and moody.

Old 08-16-2007, 11:19 AM   #5
(female)

Laurette HB User
Angry Re: Cymbalta users or ex-users check in please!!!

I took only one 30mg pill and the side effects were horrible! Increased pain, nausea, horrible dreams and sweated so much, I had to get up and change my nightclothes. The following day was not good either, with the inability to eat anything without becoming nauseated and just a really spaced out feeling. This is the third day and I'm getting back to normal. There is no way I will take this drug again. The side effects were worse than I experienced with Lyrica and Neurontin and I thought they were bad.

Old 08-16-2007, 07:57 PM   #6
(male)

Josh_B HB User

Sarah, define "brain zaps" for me please

Last edited by ms_mod; 08-16-2007 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Old 08-17-2007, 04:52 PM   #7
(female)

Elle11 HB User

After many years of struggling with depression and changing meds over time, my doctor has now put me on Cymbalta (90 mg). I take it at night BUT I take one Klonopin and one Deseryl to sleep. Actually Deseryl is also a mild antidepressant but mostly used for sleep. So far, so good. No more tears for now. I hope you have a good doctor that will work with you on changing and/or adding meds as you need them.

Good luck!

Old 08-17-2007, 05:11 PM   #8
(male)

chile2 HB User

I treid cymbalta. By the 3rd day I was having severe anxiety. Spoke to my doctor. He told me to discard this drug. He prescribed lexapro and it is working fine. For me at least there are no side effects from lexapro

Old 08-24-2007, 10:40 PM   #9
Inactive
(male)

lexusdog HB User

I have been on Cymbalta for 2 weeks so far. I have not noticed much with the anxiety, but certainly have noticed the pain decrease.

I have not had any side effects that I know of and started on 60 mg

I felt only nausea the very first dose. Otherwise, looking foward to it helping my short fuse. I am just so suprised at the pain decrease!

Closed Thread