It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2007, 07:00 AM   #1
(female)

sirkirsten HB User
Tired of being anxious all the time!!

Hello! My name is Kirsten. I have a family history of panic attacks/anxiety disorders on both sides of my family- my maternal grandfather's was so severe, it kept him from fighting in WWII. That's pretty serious.

I had my first panic attack when I was 14 years old. I'm not sure what brought it on but I was certain that I was dying. I had been feeling my heart beating out of my chest, dizzy etc. Went to the hospital, tons of tests, nothing was wrong. They told me I had an anxiety disorder and that if it continued, I would have to consider medication.

I used a lot of Dr. Bach's rescue remedy for anxiety. That seemed to work. I learned just to deal with it. Nearly all of my anxiety stems from a fear of getting a serious disease/dying. I also don't do well with a lot of change. I'm a very regimented individual. I have a few panic attacks a year but now that I know what they are, I just lie down and breathe deeply until they pass and I can convince myself that I am fine.

In the past 2 months, I graduated from college, got married, started my first real job and moved completely away from home. That's a lot of life change, I know. My job isn't turning out what I thought it would be- it's not benefited and my husband and I currently have a short-term insurance policy which is another source of anxiety all on it's own. A month ago, my husband had a flare up of his Ulcerative Colitis and got very sick before getting medicine that worked- another source of anxiety! Two weeks ago, I started feeling nauseated, lack of appetite, change in intestinal tract... All kinds of digestive issues. They have continued.

I went to the Dr. and was diagnosed with a kidney infection- which cost a lot of money to do- anxiety on top of anxiety! I keep waking up every morning 4am, 5am... this is getting ridiculous. I stopped taking birth control pills because I thought they were contributing to the anxiety- can't tell if it's made a difference yet.

I just want to know what I should do. Every pain I have, it's a tumor (in my head). Every weird sensation, it's some other incurable disease. I don't know where this stems from. If I had insurance, I would probably be at the Dr. everyday until someone diagnosed me with something!

I want to feel good again. I don't want to go on meds if I don't have to but I feel really lost right now. My life feels so up in the air- has anyone ever felt like this? What can I do to feel better??

Thanks so much!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2007, 11:07 AM   #2
(female)

Lightlife HB User
Re: Tired of being anxious all the time!!

Yes ive felt like that for most part of my twenties and thirties until i had my child, then i had to offload my worries into a baby. im over prtective of my child and i concentrate less on myself these days, it gets easier as you get older, which is weird because you probably will get more illnesses as you get older!!

I have more anxiety problems now than pysical ones, so, im thinking its just shifted over. You are young though to be worrying so much. Why dont you get out and have some fun with your pals? im sure you have them, go out have a few drinks and forget for a while. You are NOT dying of some incurable disease, its in your head like you said yourself

Last edited by ms_mod; 08-13-2007 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Replaced text message, chat room word with the proper word. Please read and follow the posting rules. Ms_Mod

Old 08-13-2007, 05:13 PM   #3
(female)

JAILYN12 HB User
Re: Tired of being anxious all the time!!

Did you ever talk to a therapist or a psychiatrist and consider taking medication. I know anxiety can cause physical symptoms that are now attributed to some disease. People with anxiety always automatically think the worst. If you have a headache you think you have a tumor or life threatening illness. Anxiety is a chemical imbalance that can be controlled by medication and your life will change. You will be much happier.

I have had all the physical symptoms and thought I was sick, but I now know it was all anxiety and I am on Prozac now. I always have those thoughts about having those feelings in the back of my head, but I can control it now. Seriously consider medication.

Closed Thread