It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-17-2007, 02:18 AM   #1
saphy HB User
New Medication and New Anxiety Problems With Them

In July I went on new medications my Klonopin was changed to Visteril, my Wellbutrin XL was changed to Effexor XR and my Abilify was changed to Geodon and I still have my Topomax and Seroquel. I do not know if my anxiety has worsened or if it's a case of the Klonopin worked better for me than what the Visteril is doing now.

I have so much anxiety that I wake up with tremors and non-stop muscle spasms - and if I stand up and walk around my legs shake like crazy which makes getting around a real challenge.

Anyone with experience with these medications: Visteril, Effexor XR, Geodon, Topomax or Seroquel please reply to this post and let me know if you had an increase in anxiety when you went on them.

Thanks and God Bless......Saphy

Sponsors Lightbulb
Old 08-21-2007, 02:20 PM   #2
ShakesMcThyroid HB User
Re: New Medication and New Anxiety Problems With Them

Sounds like you may be going through withdrawal symptoms.

I know Klonopin is a potent SSRI affecting the central nervous system. I believe Vistaril is a non-barbituate or something. It works on the sympathetic system. Anyway, they have different functions and the Klonopin could definitely be causing withdrawals.

Even the Wellbutrin is a dopamine reuptake inhibitor while the Effexor is a SNRI. That could cause withdrawals, too.

That's some serious med changes. Let us know if time is helping you any. I'm surprised you weren't weened off any of the meds first.

Closed Thread