It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2007, 11:39 PM   #1
(male)

isuguru07 HB User
Being Aware of Bodily Functions Cloudyness Help Needed!

I find my self focusing on my lips movement when I talk to people and tense them up and notice them looking, ive had this 24/7 for now 1 year and 1 month, and now it seems somewhat more controlable, the problem I am having is having cloudyness when I try to not react negatively to my anxiety of focusing on my lips movement, so when I try talking to someone, I get cloudy and cant focus on their conversation
I havent been like this at all for the first 17 years of my life, then a relationship with a girl ended badly

Any tips about how to help relieve the cloudyness and help get focused on the conversation rather then my mouth?
thanks

Old 08-18-2007, 06:40 PM   #2
(male)

isuguru07 HB User
Re: Being Aware of Bodily Functions Cloudyness Help Needed!

bump

can anyone help with cloudyness

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2008, 11:05 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

dannic1 HB User

Hi,

I'm certainly no dr., but some of your symptoms sound like OCD - obsessive-compulsive disorder - the 24/7 thinking/focusing on your lips. The cloudiness sounds like, perhaps, depression. I would definitely go to a professional dr. for their advice/opinion.

danni

Old 01-06-2008, 03:22 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User

Sounds like derealization. I have been suffering from this for almost 2 years.

I am going to therapy and most recently started Zoloft to help me deal with this "fog".

My PDOC is going to put me on provigil in 2 weeks to see if that helps. Will let you know.

Old 01-08-2008, 05:01 PM   #5
(male)

Benjamin01 HB User

Sounds like OCD with a mild form of dissociation to me.

I have OCD and one of my obsessions is focussing on my gait (the way I walk); I can't focus on anything around me other than my gait, which sounds a lot like what you are experiencing. I also suffer from dissociation; a kind of distorted perception which usually does not last very long. It is an anxiety disorder which is caused when your brain cannot deal with what it is experiencing - a defence mechanism.

Can you explain exactly what you mean by 'cloudy'. Is it like a fog you can see or a sensation in your head? Also, do you feel as though you are not really there, like you could float away?

Closed Thread