It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2007, 11:22 AM   #1
(female)

lady1 HB User
Question I am on Klonapin 0.5mg

I am on klonapin 0.5mg twice a day and can take a third pill on bad days. I have panic disorder and social anxiety. It seems like I need a higher dosage but my pdoc disagrees. I was just wondering if anyone else is on a dose higher than mine.

Old 08-18-2007, 11:10 PM   #2
(female)

beckyf HB User
Re: I am on Klonapin 0.5mg

I have a friend that can take .5mg 1/2 to 1mg twice a day. That is usually not enough for her as her anxiety is really bad at night. That seems to be when she her anxiety is the worst. She will take 1-0.5mg before she goes to bed but then wakes up 2-3 hours later in a full panic attack so she takes another one. If she is lucky she will go back to sleep to wake up 3 hours later in anxiety again. She has to take another one or she can't make it back to sleep or function throughout the day. Then since she has taken so many at night time by late morning early afternoon she feels her heart pounding out of her chest so she isn't sure if it is withdrawls from the klonopin or just the heart palps so she takes another one.

She has a very understanding doctor so the are going to put the 24 hour heart monitor on her to see what her heart is doing when she is trying sleep. He thinks maybe her sleep patterns are so messed up at night that she lays there and worries about not sleeping that she is making her anxiety worse and maybe a sleep aid instead of the klonopin would be a better choice. Then she wouldn't have to take so much klonopin as she stresses out because she is taking to much of it.(That is her biggest stressor at this time).

I feel people need meds for anxiety just like people need meds for diabetes and heart disease. It's just a matter of finding the right med that works best for the person. I know these meds can form some addiction or dependency and can be hard to come off of but you can't just stop taking heart or blood pressure meds either without some sort of side effect. Chances are likely people with a chemical imbalance that causes them to have anxiety/depression may very well be on some sort of medication their whole life if it helps them live a normal life so some worry needlessly about the withdrawls coming off.

If you do come have to come off for some reason go to the addiction board as those guys over there have experience to help those who need help getting off. Cheers!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2007, 12:01 AM   #3
(female)

brandnew1 HB User
Re: I am on Klonapin 0.5mg

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady1 View Post
I am on klonapin 0.5mg twice a day and can take a third pill on bad days. I have panic disorder and social anxiety. It seems like I need a higher dosage but my pdoc disagrees. I was just wondering if anyone else is on a dose higher than mine.
I ws on Klonopin .5 as needed and got my doc to up me to .1 as needed. Recently I have been taking as much as .2/day. It really makes me spacey so I'm not sure if it is something you would want to do. Definitely need to talk to your doc.

Closed Thread