It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2007, 05:47 PM   #1
(female)

smurfy33 HB User
I guess it wasn't anxiety afterall

Hello! I posted a couple days ago about some arm weakness that I had been experiencing and the doctors thought was due to anxiety (always their answer). Well, along with this weakness, I was having a blind spot in my vision which is normal for me when I'm getting a migraine, but it was very, very small and it was constant. I was getting some migraines on and off for a week but not every day. However, the blind spot thing has been everyday. I got freaked out by this on Friday and called my MD. They told me to call my eye doctor, which I did. She says it is migraines. She checked my vision, peripheral vision and did another test where they dilated my pupils and looked at my optic nerve to see if there was anything pressing on it causing problems. The only thing that showed up was my peripheral vision is not good. She still says it is migraines. I never heard of having the aura that you can get with a migraine constantly for a week or more with very few headaches. I don't believe that diagnosis so I'm going to see a neurologist hopefully next week. The arm weakness has been coming and going, in fact it hasn't really been around all day. I did very little work on my computer today and that is when I notice the blind spot thing so I've actually felt pretty good today. I'm taking Ativan to calm my nerves until I find out what is going on. This is very scary and even though I've had anxiety for years, this is by far the scariest thing I have had to deal with. Just wanted to let you guys know since I posted about this last week.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2007, 01:07 PM   #2
(male)

ShakesMcThyroid HB User
Re: I guess it wasn't anxiety afterall

I get migraines with aura, but I've never had the 'spots' lasting for more than a few hours. Believe me, I know what you're going through.

My migraines are triggered by foods high in iodine content (tuna, seaweed, certain types of rice, egg noodles, etc). I wonder if there was a change in your diet that has triggered these constant migraines. Do you know what triggers yours?

I think it's a good idea to go to the neurologist. You just can't live like that. Hopefully, it's something easily treatable.

Here's to feeling better. And I hope you can read this.

Shakes

Old 08-24-2007, 02:14 PM   #3
(female)

smurfy33 HB User
Re: I guess it wasn't anxiety afterall

Hey ShakesMcThyroid - I'm no better. It has been over 2 weeks! I can't get in to see the neurologist until next Friday. The neurologist did look over my records from my PCP and he says it sounds like typical migraine aura. The blind spots get bigger, then I get a headache - definitely a migraine. I'm getting up to 4 a day. I don't know what it will take to break this cycle of
"migraines" and hopefully that is all this is. I'm just trying to keep a positive attitude and keep on truckin! Thanks so much for you input! =)

Closed Thread