It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2007, 04:55 AM   #1
(female)

Chimpette HB User
Exclamation Anxiety is wasting my TIME.

After reading posts regarding peoples experiences of panic and anxiety..it has made me realise other people are going through the same thing as me.
I started out reading the threads feeling a wave of relief that other people like me:

1.keep stupid plastic bags around the room in case they are scared they will ever puke up
2.keeps a water bottle on them at all times in case of any problems.
3.feels the panic start to rise and constantly feels their pulse for a racing heart
4.wont queue up if there are more than one person ahead
5.refuses to go shopping in case there are no toilettes there.

At first seeing other people have these things have made me laugh. at this time Im writing this as ive been having an anxiety feeling all weekend which I cant shift, and from laughing and feeling relieved that other people experience the same thing..i then started to cry as I dont want to live a life like this, its so pathetic and such a WASTE OF MY TIME and a waste of my life. Why am I feeling this way at 24? Its ridiculous.

I recently came back from a holiday (where I paniced the whole time). At the airport I constantly needed the toilete as I felt paniced. When the pilot asked everyone to use the toilete as we would be landing soon, I would go to the toilete at least 3 times. How is this a way to live? Its PATHETIC and I Hate it.

I think I will go to the doctors to see if he can point me in the right direction..i will not take any meds that are not natural..I know ill get hooked on them. I cant face being hooked on anything. I am already hooked on vitamin b12 (even though I had a blood test and he told me my levels are fine). Every website that says they have an answer for anxiety seems to be really helpful, but then at the bottom they want a fee for their techniques. Im not giving some cheapskate my cash.

I dont know if I have anxiety attacks or panic attacks, usually i think its anxiety, but this weekend i think it could have been a panic attack. I still feel lightheaded and unnnerved and cant seem to consentrate.

If anyone has a proper technique they can give me for keeping calm PLEASE reply, as just breathing in and out slowly is not really helping.

Thanks and sorry for rambling.

Sarah x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2007, 06:02 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

hotdam HB User
Re: Anxiety is wasting my TIME.

Welcome chimpette, Yes anxiety is a wast of time, however, we who have it have to learn how to control it and live with it and we all can with different techniques, whether it is medication, therapy, etc. the best thing for you to do is go to the doctor, you said you refuse to take meds which most of us dont want to either, but without them I wouldnt feel as good as I do now. And that is certainly your decision, but see what the doc says and let us know.

Old 08-19-2007, 09:01 AM   #3
(female)

Lightlife HB User
Re: Anxiety is wasting my TIME.

Chimpette,

Dont brush off taking any Meds, i was th esame i started Prozac a month ago as this seems to be the least addictive. Im not sure if they are working yet or not its early days, but i know my anxiety was so bad i couldnt do this all on my own anymore, i was tired, scared of being scared, and down right low with it, i took action, and even by doing just that i feel a bit better. im not so scared of my shortness of breath attacks anymore. Im also having congnitive behaviour therapy which doesnt come cheap but seems to be what i need right now.

So go get some help, accept it, and if you really want to make you life better, stick with it. Good luck

Closed Thread