It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2007, 11:49 AM   #1
(male)

DrewH HB User
Anyone have a constant anxious feeling for no reason at all?

Hey everyone,

I'm new to these boards and thought i'd share my story!

I'm a 27 year old male, and I live a pretty healthy lifestyle. I eat right, i exercise, i don't smoke, don't do drugs and rarely drink, etc...

Yet, my body ALWAYS has a constant "keyed-up", on the edge type feeling...
and i'm not really thinking about anything! I'm sure when the symptoms arrive, i start focusing on them which makes them worse, but i'm not sure what is bringing these symptoms on. The slow digestion, the constant sweating, the "spaced out" feeling, the tight throat, etc I can't tolerate caffiene, of alcohol or it makes me feel worse....

It's the strangest thing... i love my job, my friends, family, my relationship, so i'm not constantly worrying about anything, but all day, everyday i feel so anxious.

Is this possible? Does anyone else have the same thing happening to them?

I've been to the Dr and he says i'm in "immaculate health" because all my tests come back perfect....

My Dr. tried putting me on Effexor for awhile but it didn't make a difference and actually made me feel worse at some point.

Anyone have this issue and have you corrected it to the point that you feel "normal" again?

Last edited by DrewH; 08-19-2007 at 11:53 AM.

Old 08-19-2007, 12:36 PM   #2
(female)

Lightlife HB User
Re: Anyone have a constant anxious feeling for no reason at all?

Drew,

Thats a toughie, because you SEEM to have no reason for your anxiety. But anxiety is Mother Natures way of telling us that something somewhere just is not right, and i suspect your anxiety is the strive for perfection in your life maybe. I may be wrong, but do you contantly want to get everything just perfect? Has everything go tto be done at break neck speed? My Brother is a little like you in that his life is almost a fairytale, but he rushes around in his head 24/7. It's like you dont feel happy unless you are at a certain state of anxiety. My take, i may be wrong but i think you need to dig a little deeper and see if there are any areas in your life, you arnt as happy in , as you say you are.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2007, 01:42 PM   #3
(male)

DrewH HB User

Actually you know what? I am constantly thinking! I'm not actually worried... but i see all these people taking millions of pills, and keep striving to not be like that, to try and always be as healthy as i can... so i'm always ALWAYS watching what i eat, reading about the latest health issues... always thinking about my health. I'm wondering that if i can somehow shut that off and just think "in the now" maybe i would be better off?

Are there therapies to do such a thing? Once my mind gets going, it's like "look out!"

Last edited by ms_mod; 08-19-2007 at 02:10 PM.

Old 08-20-2007, 03:06 AM   #4
(female)

Penelope4 HB User

I have recently recovered from anxiety (pretty much), and I think the problem was straightforward - I just wasn't listening to myself, just not giving myself a break when I needed one. Our society doesn't really teach that. It sort of says: Keep pushing until you break, and then continue on happy pills. But you need to learn to take it easy. Nowadays when I get insomnia, I take the day off (luckily I'm a student, although I did do it once at work), which means I don't get it the next night, because I'm relaxed. If I feel anxious during the day, then I do nothing - I drink tea, I go on the internet, whatever - and then sometimes I'll be feeling absolutely fine in a few hours. Crying is the best cure though. It's all about cutting yourself some slack.

Old 08-20-2007, 09:24 AM   #5
(female)

eloise_girl24 HB User

i could have written your story. mine is the exact same! i have nothing to be anxious about, i have everything going for me except i cant shake my anxiety! ive been anxious for about 8 years now. im always having that keyed up, spaced out feeling, i tense up my jaw, throat and neck and constantly have headaches, i constantly have a "brain fog" feeling, dizziness, general "scared" feeling, plus many many more symtoms. my doc thinks that i too have immaculate health. all of my health tests (knock on wood) have been perfect my whole life. i dont have any diseases or illnesses. i cannot tolerate caffeine or alcohol either. they both give me very very bad panic attacks. i just try to get through each day without having a massive panic attack. each day is different though. i hope you feel some solace knowing that you are not alone. i have the exact same symtoms as you. i hope you have a good day today, try to remember you arent alone

Old 08-20-2007, 07:24 PM   #6
(male)

DrewH HB User

Wow, thanks for all your responses! It really makes me feel good to know that i'm not alone on this one....

I have to ask, what have all of you done to control your symptoms?

I'm trying to work on not thinking too much, it seems i wake up in the morning, and right away the brain just starts going... not worrying really, but it just thinks about the day ahead, etc.... i have to just live in the "now" and not worry about the rest of the day!

Have any of you tried meds? I've been on Effexor before for a short time but it didn't do all that much for me... and eventually i had to come off it!

Thanks again for your kind words and responses! It really helps to talk to people who have the same issue, for all my friends don't, and I have to pretty much hide how im feeling around them all the time! I've become pretty good at it because i don't think they ever know i'm feeling out of sorts!

Old 08-21-2007, 06:15 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User

I have had air hunger on and off for years, until last month when ive had it daily sometimes hourly. In the end i had to give in and went to the Doctor who prescribed me with Prozac ive just taken 3 weeks worth and i think i feel calmer, but it hasnt really calmed my breathing attacks down much. I started CBT therapy and ive been going 2 weeks now, and already im less scared when i get an attack, my therapist is teaching me ways of dealing with it when it comes on. I hate this, i find it hard to function, and was starting to avoid a lot of my every day situations because of it. Now i MAKE myself get in my car and drive (which was one of my failures) and i tell myself however hard it gets, this will not stop me going out and enjoying my life. It is working a little bit, every day is another step forward. Im hoping by Xmas ill be ok as i have a long trip overseas and i really want to enjoy it, not let it go by in a whirl of anxiety attacks.

Speak to your Doctor, then try to get some therapy, it really IS worth the effort. Good luck with it .

Last edited by Worrybucket; 08-21-2007 at 06:16 AM.

Old 08-21-2007, 07:12 AM   #8
(female)

eloise_girl24 HB User

i know exactly what you mean when you say your "brain just starts going", i sometimes try to not think about things but my brain doesnt listen and it just starts cranking away, especially when it comes to health anxiety and stuff. i feel like the more i try to think about other stuff, the more my brain thinks about how i feel physically, picking away every little symptom until they blow up into something big.

im on klonopin "as needed" but i havent taken it in a couple weeks to see if i could do it without. i feel bad to be honest. my panic attacks come on and i try to relax but of course my brain wont let me. it's a vicious cycle. im going to start taking my klonopin soon. i think i might want to try something liek prozac though, something i take every day. i think it might help balance me out in the long run. good luck!

Last edited by ms_mod; 08-21-2007 at 09:01 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote and censored word.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:47 AM   #9
(female)

goodintention HB User

Have you ever thought that maybe you have a chemical imbalance and thus drugs are appropriate?

Are you already exercising? meditating? Those are huge helps.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:58 PM   #10
(male)

j2226k HB User

Hi,

I have almost exactly the same problem ... life is great.... great job, just married, earn good money etc but am constantly anxious.

I used to worry about my weight/heart, but now i am just constantly anxious for no apparant reason.

I have just booked a 5 day vacation and for the first time ever i am going to leave my laptop, Blackberry, and cellphone behind before i go, so i have no reason to stress but just switch off entirely.

Good luck to all.

J

Closed Thread