It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2007, 05:30 AM   #1
(female)

MrsHobbit HB User
Unhappy Anxiety & sleep...is my GP right ?

I sleep very badly...have trouble getting to sleep, then have trouble staying asleep. I'd like to go back to work, but feel until my sleep pattern is sorted, I can't. When I'm tired, I'm even more anxious & edgy.
My GP has told me it doesn't work that way...I need to get out and do something, maybe voluntary work, for 1 day a week. Apparently, this will increase my self confidence & help me sleep.
Can't say I'm convinced, to be honest. I've had anxiety/depression for 20 years, so I think I know my own body by now ! He says he's treated 100s of patients & that this is the way to resolve the sleep problem.
Thing is, if I'm so tired & anxious, where do I find the confidence/inclination to go & find this voluntary work ? I don't think he realises how this can make you feel.....
Any ideas anyone ?

Thanks

Last edited by MrsHobbit; 08-20-2007 at 05:32 AM. Reason: Gremlins...adding words I didn't want ;)

Old 08-20-2007, 09:20 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User
Re: Anxiety & sleep...is my GP right ?

You need to figure out why you are having sleep problems. My suggestion would be to get to a sleep lab. See if you have a dleep disorfer.

Being active and mind busy is a great way to get you to sleep better. But if you have tried these things and you are nto better then I would suggest the above.

Sleep disorders can cause depression and anxiety.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread