It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2007, 10:45 PM   #1
(male)

spurs279 HB User
Question for anyone with Irregular heartbeats/flutters

What exactly do yours feel like? I'm sure they're different depending on the person but I'd like to know. For me, I can feel a flutter in the bottom of my neck (it's not painful or anything) then i feel my pulse and I can clearly feel my heart skipping beats. It usually last for about 5-10 seconds or 3-5 skipped beats. I can't feel any extra heartbeats or anything.

What are yours like? Are they the same as mine?

Last edited by spurs279; 08-21-2007 at 10:47 PM.

Old 08-22-2007, 03:47 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

thaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB User
Re: Question for anyone with Irregular heartbeats/flutters

Hi Spurs,
Like you, I feel like that my heart is skipping a beat, again and again. This situation lasts a few minutes and usually at periods of great stress or anxiety. The first time I ever had it,( 12 years ago) I was given anti anxiety drugs for about 9 months and then I was fine. Since then I have had short periods of time, like a few days, when the fluttering starts, like having a butterfly in your chest, and I take it as an indication that my body has gone over the top with its stress levels and I slow down. And the symptoms disappear, until the next time.
Hope this helps!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2007, 04:34 AM   #3
(female)

angie 57 HB User
Smile Re: Question for anyone with Irregular heartbeats/flutters

Hi there. Yes I too suffer this way a lot of the time. I have seen a cardiologist a few years ago and he did tests. He said that everyone gets flutters or missed beats and palitations from time to time - even him, which made me feel better. He also said that many people have them without realizing it but people like me who are anxious are tuning in all the time and as if waiting for them to come. I still get them and they are so scary that sometimes I think he was wrong but I am always anxious and get in a state over nothing.
I have had palpitations on and off for about 40 years and I am now 57. My husband is very understanding especially when I wake him in the night to take my pulse - lol !!
I think it is a case of learning to live with them but it is hard. I feel sometimes as if I have a butterfly in my chest.
angie 57 UK

Old 08-22-2007, 05:27 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User

I get these also.I was diagnosed with some PVC's that were caught while wearing a holter monitor last year.I have had several different feelings though..fluttering,quivering,pausing,pou nding,skipping,weak or faint beats.Usually any of these feelings do not last but a beat or a few.Sometimes though ,probably when ive been really stressed,I feel them for several hours when trying to sleep lasting for days at a time.I get up and move around and I dont feel it once I lay back down it returns.The scariest ones to me are the pauses,I am not for sure my heart actually pauses but it certainly feels as though it does (for a few seconds) and then it sputters back into beating.Glad that one only happens once in blue.Anyway, so I know how ya feel it's scarey at times.

Old 08-22-2007, 09:27 AM   #5
(male)

spurs279 HB User

Thanks a lot for the replies everyone. These are really stressing me out and it makes me feel better to know they happen to other people.

Closed Thread