It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2007, 07:07 PM   #1
(female)

ediep HB User
how long does it take you to recover

from an anxiety attack or an especially nerve wracking day?

Is it common for me to take a few days to get back to myself after an anxiety attack? I still feel neausated, and shakey from an episode that I had earlier today. I went to see my therapist, talked through the triggers and started to feel a little better but the feeling is still lingering.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2007, 01:28 AM   #2
(male)

dante711 HB User
Re: how long does it take you to recover

A lot of the time the reason it lingers is because your constantly thinking about it. By doing that you bring it back or keep it there. You need to keep your mind occupied and try to stay away from things that trigger it. but by saying that dont limit yourself to anything because if you avoid everything that triggers it would be like being confined in a small space and you no being able to do much. What you have to remember is that anxiety is a state of mind. Something you have to fight thatís inside you and taking control of your life. i used to have attacks that would last for weeks. i couldnít do anything work/play/sleep. as hard as it is you need to be with people and try change your mind set.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2007, 01:38 PM   #3
(female)

eloise_girl24 HB User
Re: how long does it take you to recover

it usually takes me a few days to fully recover. after a really bad panic attack though, it can sometimes take me over a week to finally feel "normal". your body is still scared that it is going to happen again so you are unconsciously thinking about it. im always "gentle" with my body after a bad panic attack, i just lay around and try to not do anything strenuous. i dont work out or anything like that for at least a couple days. i just like to lie in bed and try to relax after a really bad one.

Closed Thread