It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2007, 02:30 AM   #1
(male)

veryconfused22 HB User
How to start?

Hi, I have a few things I need to sort out. I think I need to see my doctor but dont know how to start. Has anyone here found it hard to see a doctor but eventually did? and how did you start talking about the problems? This is what is bothering me most. I keep telling myself I will go but keep putting it off.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2007, 03:32 AM   #2
(female)

Shannatoo HB User
Re: How to start?

I definitely know how you feel! I put off seeing a doctor for a long time, mostly because I was ashamed of my anxiety and didn't know how to bring it up.

What really heloed me was to write down everything I wanted to discuss or ask, that way I couldn't chicken out. I actually wound out handing my list to the doctor and letting her do the asking, to me that was less painful.

Also, I don't know how you feel about modern medicine, but I really feared taking an anti-anxiety or anti-depressant for the side effects, I wound out seeing a naturopathic doctor who was able to help me with natural remedies. And for some reason, seeing this type of doctor, opposed to a psychologist or psychiatrist, made it a lot easier for me.

Good Luck!

Shanna

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2007, 03:34 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User

What do you need to see a Doc about?

If its like me and was anxiety then i eventually found i couldnt go on the way i was, struggling with everyday life, just getting through the day, it was and still can be awful.

I just went along to my Doctor and let it all come out. Fortunately for me my Doc was fantastic, he listened and then asked all the right questions, he was sympathetic, kind, calm, and informative. Unfortunately he left our surgery, but before he went he suggested i try Prozac , just for a few months, to see how i go. I did and am just over 1 month into them. I feel a little happier, but he didnt prescribed for depression, mine was anxiety attacks (Air hunger). They havent totally stopped them yet, as he said they may take up to 8 weeks to kick in for that. But they are not quite as violent as they were before.

So go along, dont be worried, i know what you guys are like, my Hubby has to be dragged to the Doctor screaming and kicking. But go and dont go on suffering for no reason. You will get help and get back to normal again.

GO !!!

Good luck

Old 08-25-2007, 04:21 AM   #4
(male)

veryconfused22 HB User

There are a lot of reasons I need to see a doctor, depression and anxiety in social situations are the main reasons. I will try writing down a list, this might help me to collect my thoughts because I have trouble organising thoughts. I will avoid meds unless it is absolutely necessary.

Thankyou for your posts

Closed Thread