It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2007, 06:51 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

marian100 HB User
lexapro and anxiety

has anyone here had anxiety when first taking lexapro? When I wake up i feel a little shaky. Then I get the lump in my throat. I take the lexapro in the morning. On the other hand i do get some sedating effect from it although that seems to be wearing off. Godbless

Old 08-25-2007, 07:23 AM   #2
(female)

tetianainto HB User
Re: lexapro and anxiety

Hi, Yes, I had similar side effects (I'm on Celexa - earlier version of Lexapro), especially the lump in the throat. I occasionally took Ativan at night for the first few weeks to help and it did. After a month I didn't need the Ativan anymore.

best, c

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2007, 08:36 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User

Taking Lexapro and Celexa in the evening hours helped. I started at bedtime and then dropped to dinner time.

Old 08-25-2007, 10:43 AM   #4
(female)

pynkett HB User

When I first started on Celexa 20mg I had a panic attack right off. I had to switch down to 5mg for about 4 or 5 days and then 10mg for about five more days. I then went up to 20mg but for the first couple a weeks it was pretty horrible as far as the medication making me have anxiety attacks. I had to take Ativan during the night so I didn't go into panic attacks and I could sort of get some rest. I take it before bed because the Dr. said it might make me sleepy. It actually makes it so I can't sleep very well at all. After I took 20mg for a couple days I was actually feeling much better and was able to function during the day. I still don't feel 100% and I can't sleep well yet but I am hoping that it will get better as time goes on because it seems to get better little by little. I do notice that my anxiety is way better than before I started taking the medication though. Sometimes you have to stick it out through a couple horrible weeks while your body gets use to the medication before it starts working.

Old 08-27-2007, 06:09 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

marian100 HB User

Thanks for the replies. I took celexa for about 8 weeks and that helped but it was to sedating. I know it takes a while to kick in, so we'll see. Godbless

Closed Thread