It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2007, 01:24 PM   #1
(female)

zeyavia HB User
Anyone On The Fence Bout Taking Anti-depressants...

i started lexapro on july 4th after much hesitation...like two years worth...lol
and for my anxiety it has done WONDERS
i mean i still feel like 'am i gonna have an attack' but not so often and no attacks to speak of since
please give it a try

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2007, 03:01 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

americandancer HB User
Re: Anyone On The Fence Bout Taking Anti-depressants...

That's great it's working for you! I remember reading your posts when you first started it. What mg are you taking now? Did you have any side effects like fatigue, or weight gain?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2007, 04:17 PM   #3
(female)

zeyavia HB User

im taking 10 mg...
i started slow so i really didnt have any major side effects
i had the normal stuff...yawning at first
headache...tired...hot flashes...but all that has gone away
i think im the same weight...i hope i dont gain any weight...i know i still could i guess
i actually feel thinner but that might be cause i feel better bout myself ya know?

Old 08-27-2007, 06:58 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

marian100 HB User

Glad to hear about your experience with lexapro. I started it last week at 5 mgs and upped it today to 10. I took celexa before but it was too sedating so I am trying the lexapro. I have not had as much side effects from the lexapro as I had from celexa. I hope it helps my anxiety. Godbless

Old 08-27-2007, 07:52 PM   #5
Veteran
(male)

shorebird HB User

Zeyavia, I remember your posts too and I am happy to hear you have found something that is helping you

Old 10-31-2007, 12:19 AM   #6
(female)

hamstachick HB User

Hey Zey! It's me! I have been away for a few months. I have wondered how you were doing.

I have been doing great on Lexapro and I do like it very much. I am glad I was able to take it. BUT, with my last period, I did not lose the weight and have stayed at 3-4 pounds heavier. This may not seem like much to others, but I can tell a difference, and it is very distressing to me. I have not eaten more, nor eaten a lot of bad things. I eat grilled chicken or fish a lot, or wheat pasta, and veges, with mainly fruit for dessert now. And I have still gained those few pounds. What really scares me is that it won't stop at these few.

I have even started exercising more and it still goes up. I have never had a problem with losing weight before and have been around the same weight for quite awhile now. I sure hope it goes back down. It's almost period time again and I am worried it will go up even more now. Know what I mean? I am 38 years old. Some are trying to say it's my age, but my activity level is the same as it was a month ago, before it shot up a few pounds. I don't believe it's that getting older thing. I believe it's the med.

Besides, that, I have not had a Xanax in about 2 months. I still carry it around for a safety net. But haven't needed it.

I was taking the 5 mgs. of Lexapro and then it went to around 7, maybe 8. But with the weight gain, I thought I would go back to 5 a bit and see what happens. Weird how it just went up, BAM, and won't budge unless it goes up another. It sucks getting on the scale now. I used to be ok with it.

Last edited by hamstachick; 10-31-2007 at 12:21 AM.

Closed Thread