It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2007, 10:23 AM   #1
(female)

Gadmus126 HB User
Dumped my Psycharist and Therapist

Am I wrong? I have been going to both of them for about one year. After having High Blood Pressure from the cymbalta and he didn't take me off the meds I decided to ween off myself and my Blood Pressure has come down alot. I wrote them both a letter. Cymbalta made me very tired like all the time too. I feel like neither one of them were really helpiing me all that much .

Has anyone here every done this and why do I feel guilty about it like i'm obligated to them. I know I"m not but I just feel that way.

Old 08-27-2007, 03:35 PM   #2
(male)

ShakesMcThyroid HB User
Re: Dumped my Psycharist and Therapist

If the Cymbalta wasn't working for you and it actually caused a physiological problem, it is the duty of your psych to change your meds and find something that does work for you. If this an issue that you have brought up and they disregarded it (as some in the medical profession are known to do), then you, as their employer, have every right to fire them. You pay them. They work for you. If they do not listen, hire someone else that will.

I wouldn't feel too guilty about spending money without getting any results. However, I would not discount finding another psychiatrist and therapist. If you have an anxiety disorder, it'll just go back to where it was before the Cymbalta (I know it's not that far).

So good luck and don't give up hope on all psychs. They are just like mechanics. There are a few that know what the heck they are doing, but most are just going through the motions.

Shakes

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread