It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2007, 07:03 PM   #1
(female)

taylorsmom93 HB User
Coming off Lexapro.PLEASE read!

I recently had to stop my 10 mg Lexapro. I couldn't afford to go back to the dr to get it renewed. Anyway, Now I get these kinda like zaps in my head. Especially if I am anxious or upset. And it seems like when I move my eyes, it takes a second or so for everything to catch up. PLEASE tell me if this is what it is like going off anxiety medicine. I don't know when I will be able to resume Lexapro. It did work great for me, tho. IF this is an effect of going off the medicine, will it last long? I am starting to worry, and that is all I need when I am out of anxiety medicine...THANKS!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2007, 07:56 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User
Re: Coming off Lexapro.PLEASE read!

How long were you on the Lexapro?
Did you just stop taking it or did you lower your dose?
I got brain zaps when i went off Lexapro and it didn't last long. But I did lower my dose.

Call your doctor and tell him about how you can;t afford it and maybe he can give you some samples.

If it worked great for you then I would make the call. Even if he can give some samples to decrease your dose til you are off of it.

My doctors would call in a script for me - i didn;t have to go back for months.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2007, 08:02 PM   #3
(female)

taylorsmom93 HB User

Thanks for replying. I haven't been on it too long. Just since May, maybe. I called once, they gave me samples. They won't do it again. I didn't get to lower it, I just had to stop. It has been almost 3 weeks since I last took my medicine. Thanks again!

Old 08-28-2007, 10:32 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

marla20 HB User

That's why your side effects from going cold turkey are so bad. We need to wean off of AD. In 1988 I had to stop cold turkey when I found out I was pregnant. I had been on it 2 years. It was the worst feeling. I felt like I had a hang over with the flu. It passed in 3 days. I am on Lexapro now and have not had to wean off anything however I know that stopping cold turkey can make you feel bad. Marla20

Old 08-28-2007, 12:40 PM   #5
(female)

taylorsmom93 HB User

Thank You!

Old 09-05-2007, 04:24 PM   #6
(female)

ymar842a HB User

Taylorsmom,
It took me about 4 weeks to feel back to normal after stopping Lexapro. I know everyone is different but your almost there...

Closed Thread