It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2007, 01:16 PM   #1
(male)

veryconfused22 HB User
occasional irregular heart beat

I sometimes (usually at work) get irregular heart beats that can be painful. Instead of 2 beats its 1 powerfull slow one and can last for a minute or so. I usually sit down and slightly double over to get rid of it and when it does go, it happens suddenly with and even more powerfull beat and then goes back to normal. This is usually the most painfull part and afterwards feel pressure in my head and notice the vains in my hands stick out a bit. This is very scary sometimes. Ive heard anxiety can affect your heart and am wondering if anyone else has the same thing? Thanks

Old 08-28-2007, 04:51 PM   #2
(male)

ShakesMcThyroid HB User
Re: occasional irregular heart beat

The fact that you have these chest pains immediately followed by a pressure in your head and your bulging veins should be reason for concern.

IMO, if you already haven't, I would immediately go to a cardiologist and neurologist and have an EKG, EEG, MRI or CT-scan, carotid artery ultrasound, stress echocardiogram and whatever else they do.

Anxiety and panic can do weird things, but they're usually psychologically based or hyper-adrenal based (fight or flight). What you describe sounds very serious.

Please let us know what you find out.

Shakes

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread