It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2007, 09:34 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

kirsten07 HB User
mind games and anxiety?

lets see, just to give some history, i have had anxiety my whole life even when i was too young toknow i was having anxiety problems. just last year i was in this anxiety wheel and couldnt snap out of it i guess, i have all the classic anxiety worry, ocd, attacks, etc. one night about a year ago i somehow got it in my head i was gonna die at 19, (i am turning 19 in a week now), it scared me so much and i started watching this movie and it had a girl in there who doed at 19 and i freaked. and just recently i started seeing the number 19 everywhere, on the clock mostly and other places also...i see it everyday and now my anxiety is starting to come back espically since i turn 19 in a week now. i know this could sound so dumb to someone else but to me its real and scary. could i just be sort of 'looking' for this number or what. i dont want to start this anxiety wheel again i just broke it. it seems i get anxiety when i'm under stress and i have been, i just started beauty school for skin and its overwhelming and i'm almost 4 months pregnant too. i really would like to know it anyone can relate or give advice, i feel worried and stressed about everyhing and i want to cry alot. any advice would help thanks

Old 08-31-2007, 12:12 AM   #2
(male)

spurs279 HB User
Re: mind games and anxiety?

That doesn't sound dumb at all. I have the same thing. I keep having thoughts that there is something wrong with my heart and that I'm going to die soon. Then I notice "signs" throughout the day. The best you can do is just tell yourself it's not true. I've also noticed these thoughts happen less frequently when I'm not stressed or anxious. I hope you feel better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2007, 05:43 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

marian100 HB User

It does seem that the thing you are anxious about is the thing you notice. If you were anxious about a health problem you would notice anything about the problem. It is normal for someone who has anxiety. Try taking deep breaths and positive self talk. I tell myself that I don't know the future. So why worry about it. Sometimes it helps. Godbless

Old 08-31-2007, 02:12 PM   #4
(female)

Ree125 HB User

Well, I am right there with you all. i too feel the same way in alot of the way that I think and it's actually comforting to know that I am not the only one. But I see the common bond between us and it's called stress. So how do we deal with the stress, so that the anxiety doesn't come with it? I guess i don't understand the whole concept of how stress works. I have experienced quite a few times the projections that shoot inside your head that can make you feel like it's not you telling you these things but something else. I'm a spiritual person and i believe in outside influences that set out to make us all just nuts!!! For some they are more successful and i believe i am one of them. What helps me tremendously is praying through the attacks. And especially to think to myself that I can't change things that are outside of my control. So i just pray for the strength to deal with the issues. It also helps to believe that you don't diserve to walk through life afraid all the time. So treat yourself everyday to just relaxing and going with the flow. To the future 19 year old, I will say a prayer for you. I've been taught in my christian experience that God will never send a message to you that has fear attached to it. If He was telling you, you were going to die ,He would give you the peace that you need to handle that kind of information. be thankful that there is hope in the darkness out there for you somewhere. Good luck

Closed Thread