It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2007, 09:57 PM   #1
(male)

C Akers HB User
Cool The need to be in control only works for a short time....

I used to want to be in control of everything I did when my Anxiety first started. As long as I could control my life and other things around me I felt normal. I never like to be in any situation where I had no control of anything. That is one thing that was garenteed to bring on a panic attack and anxiety in general. Also, being locked insife a dark closet or small space. Elevators were very big on my list for heigth and closed spaces. Now, I am trying to teach my body to let someone else control my situation. I am doing this by taking little baby steps at a time. Like now days my drivers license have been taken away and, I am trying to build up trust in my oldest son's driving abilities. I has worked once when, I had a tooth energency and had to go to the dentist office. That day it was do or die and I chose life instead. My tooth was very close to becoming badly infected. I prayed the night before and took my vitamins and set my appointment very early in the morning. For some reason beyond me, I was able to leave my house and go. I had not been outside my property for 6 yrs at that time.

Old 08-31-2007, 08:39 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User
Re: The need to be in control only works for a short time....

Have you had any therapy at all. or are you taking any meds to help you through this?

As you seem to be agrophobic i would seriously consider getting some medical help somehow. Otherwise you will struggle along and life will pass you by, when you will get better if only you go and ask for help. Make that step forward, you will feel better for doing it, and be on the road to recovery. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread