It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2007, 08:45 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User
Sad Today :(

I have decided to cancel our family holiday to Australia in january.

This is because i am suffering anxiety attacks and fear i will be ill a long way from home. My CBT therapist doesnt want me to cancel, they believe you should face things head on. But i know if i go i will ruin my families holiday aswell as not enjoy it mysef. Its costing a lot of money and i think i should be working on making myself better before i go and when i am better we can reschedule. Do you guys think im being a big woose???

Old 08-31-2007, 02:49 PM   #2
(male)

ShakesMcThyroid HB User
Re: Sad Today :(

If you're not ready, you're not ready. As anxiety/panic sufferers know, it can strike from nowhere, which is really the hidden fear that makes us not want to go on vacation.

I just came back from a vacation last week. Before I went, I wasn't 100% sure I could do it, but I felt decent enough to try. A month before that, there was no way I could do it. And I knew it.

Therapy, meds, and time helped me in that time frame get to where I could handle it. Maybe a month from now, you'll be good to go.

I wish you weren't so hard on yourself. You are sick. If you just had a heart attack, would you think a vacation would be in order? You'll be better soon and all this will be a distant memory.

Good luck on your recovery.

Shakes

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2007, 01:50 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User

Thanks Shakes,

I have been doing so well, but today ive finally decided im definetely cancelling my holiday. I have had a real air hunger day today, really struggled. There is just no way i can travel to other side of the world as i am at this stage.

Im a bit disapointed in the Prozac, ive been taking it 5 weeks now and im still getting these air hunger anxiety attacks, im not sure they are working for me, or if its the correct drug or dosage.

Old 09-02-2007, 02:11 PM   #4
(female)

ruby92173 HB User

I was reading your post and i have the same thing happen to me i always feel out of breathe i'm always yawning and get what you said was air hunger i hate it cause it makes me think about my breathing all the time especially now in this heat i feel like death they say it's my anxiety but i never thought it would make me feel like i can never breathe my chest and back always feel tight. i can never have enough air i'm so worried i might pass out one day becuase of my whacky breathing. it's forever on my mind and the more i think about it the worse i make it. i'm tired i have body aches and pain iv'e been getting headaches and i can barely function. it makes me wonder if my heart and lungs work at all?

Last edited by ms_mod; 09-02-2007 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Replaced text message, chat room word with the proper word. Please read and follow the posting rules. Ms_Mod

Closed Thread