It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2007, 10:46 PM   #1
(male)

Quantum17 HB User
Some people just dont understand whats it like

Hey guys, I am a recovering from social anxiety and am just barely starting to socialize normaly. I am starting to notice (since I actually can look at people now and pick up body language) that some of the people I go to college with are weirded out by me. I know that when my anxiety was untreated my behavior was unusual, so in a way I understand why people think I am strange, but now that my behavior is normal its frustrating trying to make these people think I am just like everyone else. Oh well at least my anxiety is gone which makes me REALLY happy. Lexapro Rocks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2007, 09:25 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

marian100 HB User
Re: Some people just dont understand whats it like

I feel the same way. I was having problems when I joined our church and feel like an outcast to some extent because of them. I am now on an antideprssant that I think is working. So now what to do. Make a fresh start? It is hard to know that others are getting together and you are not included. Maybe with a new outlook I need a new church. Godbless

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2007, 02:34 PM   #3
(female)

liana23 HB User

Hi, i know how you feel. I have been suffering from social anxiety for years and i only just got help for it because it got to the point where i couldn't go in a shop without feeling a nervous wreck and also, i was on the verge of losing my job because of it and i also have no friends at all. I have been taking citalopram (celexa) for 5 days and i already noticed a small difference because i have been able to look at people and smile at them. I have also been talking to people at work a bit more but i'm sure they still think i'm a bit weird and stupid. I still feel a bit nervous but maybe it's because the tablets are not yet in my system properly after just 5 days. I just really hope i will get better and i just want to be myself. How long did it take for the tablets to really make a difference for you?

Last edited by ms_mod; 09-01-2007 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Replaced text message, chat room word with the proper word. Please read and follow the posting rules. Ms_Mod

Old 09-02-2007, 05:48 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

marian100 HB User

I am on day 14 and have felt better for about 5 days now. I am on lexapro and it added to my anxiety at first. When I took celexa it didn't do that. It started working within a week as far as my anxiety. Godbless

Closed Thread