It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2007, 10:11 AM   #1
(male)

Ashfield HB User
Unhappy Whats happening to me?

Howdie folks!

Alrighty, so i've suffered with anxiety on and off for around 2 years, bear in mind i'm only 18! All was going well, i had it under control, woudnt let it get the best of me and totally forgot about it. However, after a good night out clubbing on saturday i woke up feeling awfull, as expected. All was okay for around an hour, and out of the blue it just struck me. For no reason, i started worrying about my heart, my heart started pounding and i was extremely restless. I was sick twice in that hour and coudnt relax, thousands of thoughts circling around in my head, the main one been, "am i having a heart attack" after any small pain in my body.
Today seems a little better, but i'm not sure what to do, i keep getting tiny flutters from my heart area and it feels a little tight in the same area. My chest seems fine. When i'm trying to sleep, and not keeping myself busy, i think about it even more and convince myself my heart is giving up. Can anyone else relate to me? What should i do?

Thankyou for any help. Ash

Old 09-04-2007, 11:24 AM   #2
(male)

ShakesMcThyroid HB User
Re: Whats happening to me?

{REMOVED}

You may be having palpitations. Are you on any meds? Do you go to a psychiatrist?

If your heart problems concern you, you may want to go to a cardiologist and have an EKG. That will detect any heart abnormalities and it is relatively cheap.

If you think this problem is anxiety related, go to a psych, if you already do not. Only meds, therapy, time, and a lifestyle change (no alcohol, eating healthy, exercise, etc) can resolve anxiety disorders.

Shakes

Edited by Shakes to add:
Sorry ms_mod.

Last edited by ShakesMcThyroid; 09-05-2007 at 02:51 AM. Reason: Please read the "Sticky" posts at the top of this board as to why part of your post was removed. Ms_Mod

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread