It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2007, 10:25 AM   #1
(male)

elty HB User
Diagnosing / Controlling Anxiety

I think my case is a bit weird. I always felt tightness around my neck, it began when I didn't have any anxiety at all.

Since having that weird condition, I began to think too much about it - cancer, HIV, mad cow disease etc. Then I extended my worrying to my family members, fearing they will die or have an accident. Other than that I also have other stress, mostly work related but also family related.

I knew some of my symptoms are related to anxiety, because they are more severe when I am extreme worrying. Those includes ear ringing, hand/fee tingling and night sweating. However, I found it difficult to distinguish the symptoms caused by anxiety and symptoms caused by other problems. I don't know when I should seek medical advice

I also want to know is there anyway to control anxiety without using any drug or consoling. I am a firm believer that taking drug for an extended amount of time will only cause drug reliance and tolerance and other side effects. I think anxiety is probably best to be controlled from the inner self.... but how?

Old 09-03-2007, 05:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User
Re: Diagnosing / Controlling Anxiety

Elty,

Dont take all the responsibility on to yourself. Sometimes we all need some help, whether it be therapy or meds. I thought i could do it alone and ignored symptoms for years until finally 3 months ago i decided my life was being affected so badly i had to have some help. Dont push the Doctors and therapists away, they are trained and know about anxiety etc better than we ever can. If your feeling so bad you will want help, and if the Docs think your really bad they will advise you to take some meds to get you over the worst part. You dont have to take them for rest of your life, but please dont try to go it alone. It rarely works. Good luck with it. whatever you choose to do.

Last edited by Worrybucket; 09-03-2007 at 05:24 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread