It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2007, 12:49 PM   #1
(female)

Mills4 HB User
college

I moved into college yesterday, and I felt okay all day, even though I was so nervous about possibly feeling sick. and then, right before bed, i had diarrhea three times.

could that be anxiety? I defintely have some anxiety problems that have been really disabling me from living my life normally. I had a pretty rough experience at school last semester, and I was very nervous about this semester. However, I wasn't nervous when I got sick.. could it still be anxiety?

and what can i do to make it stop? I've been invited to do all sorts of fun things tonight and I can't do any of them because I won't feel well and I'm so afraid I'm going to get diarrhea again.

help?

Old 09-04-2007, 11:13 AM   #2
(male)

ShakesMcThyroid HB User
Re: college

Anxiety can cause all sorts of horrible effects; stomach, mental, hormonal problems. If you always feel really keyed up in social settings or 'non-safe' environments (like college or going to social functions where you are not comfortable), you may have a social anxiety disorder.

Any type of psychological disorder cannot be treated with a magic pill or overnight. Reason being is that many years of traumas (whether you realize you have been traumatized or not) build up until it changes your body chemistry, overall affecting your mental well-being.

If I were you, I'd look up social anxiety on the internet. They have self-tests that can judge whether you have a predisposition to a disorder. Or check out a book on social/anxiety/panic disorders. See if you have any of the symptoms. If so, you may wish to go to a psychiatrist. They can either dx you with a disorder or let you know if it's something physiological (like IBS or thyroid disorder).

If you do have anxiety, it can be treated. For anyone who has it and has neglected treatment, you do not have to live like this. There is a better, anxiety-free world.

Let us know what ya find out.

Shakes

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2007, 08:21 PM   #3
(male)

spurs279 HB User

Anxiety is very common on college campuses. It's so common that many schools have counselors/programs to help their students deal with the anxiety and stress. I don't know if that helps but maybe your school offers something that could aid your anxiety.

Old 09-07-2007, 09:11 AM   #4
(female)

Calidoll HB User

Please take advantage of the medical facilities in your school, Im sure they have counselors or psychologists for the students. Also remember you are paying for these services through your tuition.

I decided to see a psychologist in my school during my last year of college
and it really did help, she helped me understand why I did some of the things I did, and created challenges for me to over come some of my fears. Then during my last semester she decided to create a small group of students who had this same problem, so once every week we would all meet, discuss and be a support system for one another.

I really do hope you get help now because it honestly does get worst as you get older!

Last edited by Calidoll; 09-07-2007 at 09:12 AM.

Closed Thread