It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2007, 05:33 PM   #1
(male)

Dang12 HB User
Zoloft

I just started taking zoloft for anxiety. I finished my one week smaller samples and started taking the larger dosage pills a few days ago. I have noticed since then that I have been getting light headed on and off. I was just wondering if anyone else has been through this and whether it will gradually go away or that this will be a long term thing.

Thanks!

Old 09-04-2007, 06:44 AM   #2
(male)

ShakesMcThyroid HB User
Re: Zoloft

I've been on Zoloft for several months now and it has some pretty intense side effects that can last for a few months. But they subside over time, at least in my case. They are still there, but to a lesser degree. The interesting thing is that even the slightest dosage change will bring back those side effects, but for a shorter period of time. Feel lucky if all you are suffering from is lightheadedness.

Let us know how you're doing.

Shakes

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2007, 08:16 AM   #3
(male)

Dang12 HB User

I think I am just going to continue taking the smaller dosage and breaking the pills in half. I am a full time student and I cant be unable to do any work because I am light headed all the time. Taking the smaller dosage I had no side affects so I think I should stick with it for a little while longer and try the larger dosage again sometime in the near future.

Last edited by Dang12; 09-04-2007 at 08:17 AM.

Old 09-04-2007, 01:30 PM   #4
(female)

springgodess HB User

I also take Zoloft for anxiety. For the first week I got terrible side effects, was really nervous and shaky, which was expected so my doctor also gave Ativan to take 'as needed' to relieve the side effects. It worked, although I took the Ativan for two weeks, .5 mg/day. I was sometimes light headed, but mostly really anxious and sort of had this feeling like I wanted to jump out of my skin. I was also scared to increase my dosage cause my side effects were still bad after a week on 25mg, but my doctor strongly advised that I increase it, and she thought I would only get optimal results on the 50mg. Sure enough, she was right. Right now I've been on the 50 mg for 5months and I feel great. So you might want to ask your doctor what might be the best thing for you to do. They might even suggest a different medication, or give you something like Ativan to take as needed.

Closed Thread