It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2007, 05:06 AM   #1
(female)

Jilldev HB User
Unhappy Am I just crazy or what

I h aven't been here for a while, years - but that doesn't mean I've stopped worry about anything/everything. I think I am truly crazy. In the past two months, I have worried about everything healthwise imaginable. Thinking I had heart trouble, pains in my back, arm, on and on, I was petting a puppy a week or so ago that I worried "oh my god, he hasn't had his shots yet, I could get rabies" - to now this wonderful fear (and I've alwasy been afraid of bats), I woke one morning this week and found two little raised pimples on my neck (most likely from sweating the day before working in the garden) and now, after worrying about the puppy for a week, I'm t hinking I got bit by a bat! I am nuts, I know, but why do I worry about bizare things? A friend of ourse was actually bit by a bat three years ago in her bed (and the chances of that are so slim.....just happened to happen to her) so she got all the shots - but why do I worry? How can I control these fears? Please help me.

Old 09-08-2007, 03:09 PM   #2
(female)

Jilldev HB User
Re: Am I just crazy or what

I'm replying to my own post - I think I have settled myself down some. I still don't know why I let my mind race to the places it does sometimes, I need to get that under control. To all the females on the board - does your anxiety seem to spike possibly around a certain time of the month?

This all started for me last month - A friends daughter died, she was 36 - fell over from a heart attack. Then someone else I knew died - I started to worry. I kept seeing things on TV and oprah about women and heart disease and I started thinking " I was seeing these things for a reason", so I started to obsess and worry - made an appointment to have a physical and of course, all checked out fine. I was coming off of that worry experience when I was petting someones puppy who hadn't had shots yet, and my mind just raced to getting rabies - ridiculous, I know - I really do know it, but I can't control sometimes where the thoughts go. Then, I stopped obsessing about that one almost, until I had the two raised pimples on my neck and I flipped again. Years ago a friend of mine was biten by a bat in her bed - they have an old house with old windows, the thing got it and it just happened to bite her - the odds of that happening are like so rare, but anyway, that was three years ago, and when that happened, I like wierded out again over it and I have been afriad of bats ever since! And I know the simple explanation about my two little raised pimples on my neck are I have logn hair, I was working outside all day that day with a shirt up to my neck becauxe I was cutting bushes back - I was sweating like crazy, but I like forget all that stuff and immediatly think the wildest and worst.

For anyone out there on any meds - Back then I took effexor - I didn't like the way it made me feel - I felt sick all the time and my blood pressure was through the roof, so I stopped it. NEver went back and have taken nothing since. I don't know what/where to go. I think a Dr. would laugh at my anxiety worries and episodes.

Any advise?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2007, 03:54 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

marian100 HB User

No you are not crazy. There are a lot of meds out there that can help you with this and you should see your doctor. He/she shouldn't laugh at you but help you make the decision on what med is right for you. Godbless

Old 09-08-2007, 05:05 PM   #4
(female)

Jilldev HB User

Thanks. I just have to make it a point to call someplace on Monday morning - I don't know who. Maybe I shoudl start with my family doctor and they can recommend someone. I'd hate to just pick it out of the phone book.

This is cyclical for me - I know that once I'm past this, I'll be fine for a few weeks, maybe a little longer, than something will trigger and bam, I'm off and running in my mind, to the point I have physical symptoms of what I'm afraid of. I need to chill and know I need some kind of therapy to do that.

Tomorrow morning is church with my son - I'll start there. Thanks.

Old 09-09-2007, 05:02 AM   #5
(male)

Steven45 HB UserSteven45 HB User

Wow, are we twins?. My dog (who has up-to-date rabies shots) got scared because we had a severe thunderstorm the other day and nipped me when I tried to restrain him and all I could think about was rabies. He is TERRIFIED of storms!. We have bats around here too and I have been through month-long panic attacks over this at least 3-4 times over the years (lump-in-throat, muscle twitches, "tight throat", adrenalin "rushes", swallowing a lot, feeling like my breathing was "off", etc). I am always looking for "bite marks" and totally freak out any time I notice a scratch or nick in my skin and no amount of reassusrance helps because I continue to fret and worry. I am just switched to Klonopin and it seems to be helping a little bit. I know what you are going through. You are not alone. Hang in there!!.

- Steve

Last edited by ms_mod; 09-09-2007 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Old 09-09-2007, 12:58 PM   #6
(female)

Jilldev HB User

Oh - my - god ! We have to be twins that were separated at birth!! This has actually put a smile on my face! I do the exact same thing. Thank god there is someone out there that shares that exact fear! I like look so forward to the colder weather when the little winged critters disappear for a few months. We had one bat in our house 18years ago, and that was a fluke. And it's funny because I never really had fears till I surpassed 35 - I don't know what triggered all my anixety, but it's there. You've made me feel very unalone right now - Thanks! I am going to call someone tomorrow, I have to, take that first step. I've never heard of the name of the drug you are taking. I'll look it up, likeI do everything else on the internet. I know that's not the best thing to do, but sometimes it's okay.

Closed Thread