It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2007, 01:11 PM   #1
(male)

Steven45 HB UserSteven45 HB User
Unhappy I'm absolutely miserable - please help

Hi everyone

Ok, this all started a week ago when something happened (long story) that triggered my phobia and Hypochondria issues. Prior to this, I was actually feeling very good and was getting ready to throw a small celebration. Here is what I've been experiencing since then (most, if not all, I've experienced before since I already suffer from GAD, Panic Disorder and Alcoholism...

Weird, head/face/eye pressure, head/face feels tight like a "mask", washed-out, drugged, hungover feeling, foggy-headed, bug-eyed feeling, spaced/zoned out, sharp left-sided "ice-pick" headaches that last for only a few seconds and ocurred several times yesterday, lump in throat/"nervous throat" feeling with more swallowing than usual, lots of anxiety and 3 panic attacks back-to-back- the other day, woke up feeling totally zombie-ish this morning, etc.

I'm taking Ativan and Atenolol and last night for the first time in about 6 months I took a small peice of Atarax. Although I am an alcoholic (runs in my family) I did not drink any alcohol yesterday and I have decided to quit completely so this morning I took a Naltrexone.

PS: I also suffer from GERD. I have shoeboxes full of recent tests - all of which came back negative.

I don't know what else to say. Am I going stark raving mad here or do other people have these same symptoms with anxiety, alcohol, etc?. I can't even begin to emphasize how bad I've felt lately )-:

- Steve

Last edited by Steven45; 09-07-2007 at 02:03 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2007, 03:01 PM   #2
(male)

VIPER456 HB User
Re: I'm absolutely miserable - please help

steve man you sound like me explaining to everyone what i am going thru...

i have realized that just about 90% of those that have gerd experience some sort of panic/anxiety symptoms..

this is because you get the weirdest pains out of nowhere that dont make sense which triggers your mind into getting scared and thinking the absolute worst...

i have been dealing with this for some time now and im still trying to figure it out myself on how i will continue living like this...

you have to remember that your fine and the tests prove that and whatever moment pain your going thru will pass and its all apart of gerd believe it or not...

find things you enjoy doing find new things i really dont know what else to say since its such a complicated situation..

today i was on the train and out of nowhere a weird upper abdomin feeling which i cant even explain occurs then left shoulder hurts then tingling in chest a weird sharp pain in head this time im ready to stand up and scream HEEEEEEEEEEEELP instead i controlled myself into convincing myself its fine just a little traffic on the gerd highway dont worry about it

i have realized thru numerous times that its a moment thing and it will pass...

Last edited by ms_mod; 09-07-2007 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Replaced text message, chat room words with the proper ones. Also removed implyed vulgar words.

Old 09-08-2007, 06:32 PM   #3
(female)

Jilldev HB User

I too have gerd - it was awful when I was first diagnosed - I was sure I was having heart problems because I had a lot of palps, constant. Now I seem to only have palps if I miss an aciphex or if I have a burp stuck, something like that. I worry about other health issues now that i think up in my head - usually a gerd episode will set me off and my mind just races.

Gerd was very scarey to me before I knew what it was. IT was right after 9/11 happened - I thought maybe it was anxiety over that, butit got worse and worse, I lost over 10 pounds in two weeks, it was awful. I had a scope and evrything done, esophogus was inflamed and I felt like i had a golf ball stuck for weeks, butit passed and I now at least have that under control!

I just worry about everythiing else that could possibly happen, strange or normal _ (read the "am I crazy or what" post - you'll see what I mean.) Been having a rough anxiety patch lately, but I'm trying to work through it.

Old 09-10-2007, 07:23 AM   #4
(female)

stimi3ak HB User

I have GERD & a hiatal hernia which have been the causes of all my anxiety. When my hiatal hernia flares up it swells to the point it restricts my diaphram which limits my breathing. Therefore I often go into a horrible state of panic complete with dizziness, shaking, fear, hyperventilation & horrible headaches. I understand exactly what you are going through because each symptom of chest pains, lump in my chest/throat or pressure over my diaphram causes me to spiral out of control. You are not alone.

Old 09-10-2007, 08:11 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

itburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB User

I have gerd and esophogitis too. I also get anxiety attacks. I think anxiety is first then a few years later we ruin our guts. Here is a really intersting theory I've been told. Yeast can do this? I am on diflucan now, feels horrid at first (anxiety from the die-off) and then I think it might work. I did this 4 years ago and it did work for years. I do not know if it was a coincidence or not, but it(anxiety) calmed down. I also have aleaky Mitro Valve prolapse. I see regular doctors and now an integrated doctor(which my dr. knows I am seeing and is fine with it, because he feels if someone can help fix it that is great). There are many, many books about The yeast connection. I believe it is real, I honestly believe there is a connection and it is worth the read at the least.

Closed Thread