It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2007, 11:24 PM   #1
(male)

spurs279 HB User
When is your anxiety the worst?

For me it's at night. As soon as I try to go to bed I start fighting the anxiety. Last night for example, I was feeling edgy then it started to storm. The storm made it much worse and I felt light I had to fight off an anxiety attack for hours until I was just too tired and fell asleep. I think the reason it's so bad at night is because everyone's asleep and I have nothing to distract me. I hate going to sleep because I never feel well.

Old 09-08-2007, 08:40 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User
Re: When is your anxiety the worst?

Mine is pretty much anytime of the day. Usually when about to get into my car and drive it, thats my peak point. But really for me its very hard to pinpoint exactly at what time of day, as its all over the place. Nightime im not so bad, im more relaxed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2007, 08:27 PM   #3
(female)

mizzaj HB User

Mine seems to be at its worse in the early morning-- there have been time where I'll fall asleep peacefully and think, "Tomorrow's gonna be a good day!", only to wake up around 5am with that panicked feeling that anxiety brings on. Having a normal morning routine helps me through it though-- getting coffee (decaf) at Starbucks and reading the paper.....starting my work day off by chatting with coworkers I like, etc.

I'm also very anxious just before I'm about to eat out at a restaurant, but that's because I've had digestive issues for the past 7 months. Usually I order beer or wine with dinner, and by mid-drink I'm pretty relaxed. Probably not the best way to get rid of anxiety, but hey, it works, and it's not like I'm downing alcohol or anything....just one beer takes the edge off.....

Old 09-10-2007, 05:30 AM   #4
(male)

1010 HB User

Absolutely in the mornings. I wake up ~5 everyday shaking and thinking about the day ahead. I usually beat it by getting up and getting going, however, it manifests itself by making me procrastinate (like I am doing now) all day long.

Old 09-10-2007, 06:17 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

CFD 333 HB User

Morning is always the worst for me...without a doubt. Like someone else said, when nighttime comes I'll often feel puzzled about how or why I could be so nervous in the morning. I'll think about it and it doesn't make any sense to me and then I'll think , well, tomorrow I won't feel that way because I know what's happening here. Then I'll wake up then next day full of anxiety as usual!

It really is rather odd, but it's almost like it's tied into our biological clocks in way. Seems like, for me at least, that my body takes a long time to get geared up and ready to face the world and it just isn't prepared to do that so early in the morning. I dunno...

Old 09-10-2007, 07:04 AM   #6
(female)

stimi3ak HB User

Mine is all throughout the day as well but I know what you mean about nighttime hitting the hardest. I often have to get up and play an internet game to take my mind off of my racing heart and hyperventilation. Lately I have been having them daily and I don't know why. I also get them pretty bad when I am driving to work in the morning. I recently started some meditation cds and they are really helping me. When I wake up I am shaky and I feel faint but as soon as I sit in a quiet corner and begin my meditation exercises I begin to calm down and remain that way for a few hours. I've been told that after a few weeks of this I will have a better sense of peace. Until then I am just living with the hope that it is true.

Old 09-10-2007, 04:38 PM   #7
(male)

mosesport HB User

Mine's usually the worst the second I start heading to work. I wake up fine (minus being tired all the time), and get ready, eat breakfast, do whatever else. Then, the second I leave for work, whether I'm getting a ride or taking the bus, I get instantly anxious and it hits me all at once. Maybe I'm just allergic to work...

.moses.

Old 09-10-2007, 09:07 PM   #8
(female)

JAILYN12 HB User

Mine is worse in the morning. I have to force myself to get out of bed and start my routine. Once I do I feel better. Medication definately helps. Have you tried reading. That gets my mind off of things and makes me tired. You can also put on headsets and listen to classical music. That also puts you to sleep and keeps you mind off of the anxiety because you can concentrate on the music.

Old 09-26-2007, 02:01 PM   #9
(female)

MamaToThree HB User

Mine seems to hit hardest at night when my better half gets home and the in-laws come around. We are a very close family and do a lot of dinner sharing (we all live in the same neighborhood) and I love them, but the in-laws for me realllllllllly stress me out. I have 3 very young children (under the age of 3) and it seems to really hit me hardest in the evening when the in-laws come around and try to parent my children. Not in a bad way, but they are just too involved if that makes sense. It's more annoying than anything, but it causes me a lot of stress. The Zoloft is really helping take the edge off though.

Old 09-27-2007, 08:09 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

granny0 HB User

Mine is absolutely the worst when bad things/news happen. I am a constant worrier. A co-worker's daughter (who I got to know quite well) died in June of breast cancer. Every report I heard on her condition set off horrible anxiety.
The days before she died I could not eat or sleep and the day of her funeral I hit a parked car on my own street. I do wake up some mornings feeling okay and have anxiety before leaving for work which is very stressfull at the end of the month. I think I had a full blown anxiety attack at work this afternoon and had to take deep breathes and concentrate on my files. It took everything I had to not flee to my car for a smoke.

Old 09-27-2007, 08:32 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

hyper79 HB User

Hi, mine is by far worse in the mornings, if I wake up not anxious the odds are my day will be fair but like 90% of the time I usually wake up in anxiety mode and it last most of the day.Nights was my worst but I turned to reading and it helped alot,just wish it worked in the mornings.Klonopin usually helps me get over the hump first thing but not always

Old 10-07-2007, 12:28 AM   #12
(female)

AlwaysInAPanic HB User
Unhappy Re: When is your anxiety the worst?

Most definately at night.. for some weird reason I get neck pain right where my skull meets my neck.. Depending how my day goes i'll sometimes have them all day dull then at night it's killer.. Once I get into bed ill usually cruise through every single channel about 50 times never even stopping <to>watch anything just cruise through them lol. Then out of nowhere either my neck will be bothering me so i'll be stressing about that! or i'll just be thinking something stupid and it will hit me like a ton of bricks! i'll start getting HOt then my hands and feet will sweat then the breathing starts getting weird.. By then im full blown panic attack. Sometimes I can just work with myself through it and it will subside after a little while but other times knowing im awake by myself and going through it alone scares me.. so i'll get up and get on the computer and come on this message board and read for a few minutes and usually it will relax me a little bit. By this point it got to be close to 4AM and im about pooped and ill go back in bed and try to fall asleep all over again and hope this time around I actually do! But usually the minute I close my eyes i'll feel that feeling almost like my heart drops and then I have to open my eyes and start going through the t/v stations to try and keep my mind occupied! I usually fall asleep and don't even realize it cause i'm just so tired! Like tonight neck is bothering me so i'm awake and panicing again gotta love it!

Jamie <3

Last edited by ms_mod; 10-07-2007 at 07:24 AM. Reason: Replaced text message, chat room word with the proper word. Please follow the posting rules. Ms_Mod

Old 10-07-2007, 05:31 AM   #13
(female)

uncgal50 HB User

Mine starts in the morning. I wake up with the "jitters" as I call them. Then I get really nervous because I am wondering why I feel like that and have just had a good nights sleep. It's crazy. You would think you would feel OK when you get up. I have nothing to worry about except why this anxiety is making me so crazy. I'm continuing my meds 50 mg zoloft but heading back for a consult with doctor.

Old 10-07-2007, 08:57 AM   #14
(female)

jeanusa HB User

Good Morning All, I also have have anxiety, I would have to say mine is worst <at> nights but the good new is my doctor gave me some great advise (and it does work) When in bed count backwards from 100, not fast and make sure you don't skip any. It will relax you I promise. Next thing you know your waking up and it's morning.
Hope this can help some of you..

Jean

Last edited by ms_mod; 10-07-2007 at 09:36 AM.

Old 10-07-2007, 09:23 AM   #15
Veteran
(male)

SadFreek HB User

Mine, most definatly, is in the morning, anticipating work. My whole problem is anticipatory anxiety. Feel like I can take on the world at night usually.

Its usually cause Im sleepy all the time, getting up early doesnt help, and when Im sleepy, I get horrible anxiety/panicky.

But I'm trying a fellow member's anxiety tip, "just be". Live in the present not the future or past. Day one and I hope it works out...

Closed Thread