It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2007, 07:12 AM   #1
(female)

charpo HB User
Feeling like I'm loosing it

I am trying to get this fundraiser together for a neighborhood boy who has leukemia. It's gonna be the 16th of September and it's gonna be a chinese auction and rigatoni dinner.

Anyways I feel like I am loosing it. Things don't seem to be going together well and I feel obsessed with it. Please someone tell me this feeling I'm having is just from the anxiety of it and that I won't loose my mind.
I can't explain exactly how I'm feeling except that my concentration or whatever is so confused. I feel like I'm am going to be a complete failure and things won't work out.

I guess I just need reassurance that this feeling will go away

Old 09-10-2007, 10:57 AM   #2
(male)

spurs279 HB User
Re: Feeling like I'm loosing it

One common symptom of anxiety (or anxiety attacks) is the feeling of "loosing it." Maybe you can find someone to help you out with the fundraiser to relieve some stress. I hope it all goes well.

I had these feelings and they were the worst when I was most anxious. The went away with the anxiety so hopefully they do the same with you.

Last edited by spurs279; 09-10-2007 at 10:58 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2007, 01:05 PM   #3
(female)

charpo HB User

Its coming up this Sunday, so if I make it til then hopefully I'll be myself again. Thanks so much for your response!

Old 09-10-2007, 02:29 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

missy7777 HB Usermissy7777 HB Usermissy7777 HB User

I agree - get some help from others. This sounds like a big event and there is nothing wrong with asking for help, even for small things. You don't need to do everything yourself, and everything doesn't have to be perfect either. I think sometimes when my "perfectionism" rears it's ugly head, I get more anxious about failure, etc. Try to enjoy it for what it is supposed to be - a happy time. And again, don't try to be superwoman!

And always remember - you're NOT losing it. It may seem that way, but you're not. You're just stressed!

Old 09-10-2007, 03:30 PM   #5
(male)

mosesport HB User

Really, you'll be fine. It's extremely admirable what you're doing to begin with. It takes a lot of guts to make a difference in someone's life. You're already ahead of the game in that aspect. Just be yourself. Stick to what you know. When I feel like I'm losing it, I embrace it. I realize that doesn't work for everyone, but I try to laugh about it. I let myself feel crazy, then I go look in a mirror and laugh at myself. It's a retarded thing to do, but it gets my mind off anxiety. I'm weird though.

.moses.

Closed Thread