It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2007, 11:30 AM   #1
(male)

MattyO87 HB User
muscle twitching, please help

hey how's everyone doing? I have a question I hope that some of you can answer or realte to, I have been having bad muscle flutering/twitching, i've even had it in my eye like when I sneeze and just sometimes randomly, heck, i've even had it on the side of my head where the one side of my head flutters all by itself, but anyway, I've had this now, it just sorta came on outta nowhere about a month month and a half ago, and I have bad anxiety, however, it doesn't always happen when my nerves are bad and jumpy, sometimes i'm very relaxed and the twitches come about, and of course, with the worry wart that I am, I think that I'm dying from like ALS or have MS, so its eating me up mentally, so anyway, does anxiety cause muscle twitching and cause some of these symptoms that I mentioned, please help me with that if you can guys and girls. I'm only 20 yrs old by the way so I'm praying that it's not something like ALS or MS.

Old 09-08-2007, 11:46 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

younggranny HB User
Re: muscle twitching, please help

I don't think that you have either ALS or MS...When i was younger i developed lots of twitching also. The more i thought about it, the more my muscles would twitch, and the more my muscles twitched the more i thought i had ALS..It was a vicious cycle. I also had lots of anxiety. This went on for a few years and pretty soon i realized that if i had ALS i would surely be getting more symptoms. If you are really worried about it you could visit your doctor and he could give you peace of mind that it is not ALS..Also you are pretty young to be getting ALS. I hope this eases your mind..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2007, 12:00 PM   #3
(male)

MattyO87 HB User

thank you very much, yes definitely helps me, any positive input from people is definitely a good thing, my parents tell me the same thing, that they have had the same thing bla bla bla, but my anxiety is stubborn, and plus the twitching is so annoying, especially the eye twitching, and the head, that stuff drives me nuts, but anyway thank you very much for your encouraging words, i need all i can get.

Old 09-10-2007, 08:27 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

itburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB User

I do not know your diet, but I hope you taking a good multi-vitamin! You can get a b-complex vitamin at your local store, also for the eye twitching magnesium, zinc and calcium tablet. Take them after you eat a meal (follow the label). Do yourself a big favor, while you are young and eat right and take the vitamins, it can only help. Stay far, far away from caffiene and smoking. Caffiene all by itself can cause all kinds of twichin and freaky things in the body. They make very strong caffiene drinks these days!!

Old 09-10-2007, 03:44 PM   #5
(male)

mosesport HB User

My thumb twitched almost constantly for about a month straight. A few weeks ago, it stopped without warning (no complaints here). I felt like it was never going to end, and being a worrier myself, thought the worst. I thought I was getting Parkinson's or MS and a bunch of other things. I guess I don't TECHNICALLY know that I DON'T have these things, but the twitching went away, so for now I'm assuming I don't. I think you'll be fine, but if it is bothering you enough, check with the doc.

.moses.

Old 09-13-2007, 11:11 AM   #6
(female)

jlewan01 HB User

Not to scare you but I had the same problem along with many other weird ones and was to about 10 DR's and it finally came back the I had Lyme disease, it took 5 years of searching but that what it was! It kinda of confusing becasue anxiety which I have had all my life cause muscle twitching and so does Lyme. I noticed you live in Nj a prime area for Lyme so its something you may want to check out before getting the round around from many other Dr's! I also thought I had MS or something worse I have horrible health anxiety, and am relieved that know I know why many of my problems are and Lyme can also make alreaady existing anxiety worse!! Hope this helps!

Closed Thread