It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2007, 08:21 PM   #1
(female)

mizzaj HB User
GABA supplements and Klonopin

Hi all,

I'm new to the anxiety board, but a regular on the digestion board...it's issues with my digestion that have brought me here.

I've always had anxiety to some extent. It used to be mainly social anxiety, but now it's more generalized.

After having digestive issues, which have still gone undiagnosed after 7 months and lots of tests, doctors, etc, my anxiety is pretty high. I practically had to BEG my psych doc to allow me to take 1mg of Klonopin daily instead of the .5mg I had been taking.

It definitely helped. But I feel that as the lack of answers about my digestive problems and anxiety about eating drags on, the Klonopin seems less effective. I also take 30mg of Prozac daily-- which is a high for me. I used to take as little as 10mg, and at times, only 20mg.

My acupuncturist suggested GABA supplements as a natural source of relaxation. Has anyone tried GABA supplements? If so, what brand, and did they work? I'm also wondering if there are any potential adverse interactions between that and the klonopin, although my acupuncturist didn't say there should be. (Though she's not a medical doc). Just curious to know if anyone has tried GABA and had any success.

Or, have other natural products worked for you? I read about Kava, but it said not to take if you're taking benzos, so I nixed that....

Thanks for any help, advice you can all give

AJ

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2007, 04:52 PM   #2
(male)

mosesport HB User
Re: GABA supplements and Klonopin

I wish someone had replied to this. I've actually been really curious as to whether or not GABA supplements work or not too. Any insight anyone?

.moses.

Closed Thread