It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2007, 08:44 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User
getting scared

ok so almost 2 yrs ago I started having little stabby like achy pains in random places on my left arm.The pains don't last long like seconds and come and go sometimes I have none for weeks or more.Anyway,I had some heart testing done which was a ekg,chest xray,blood,tredmill stress test.Had the testing last yr all normal well recently I got pretty stressed out over some things going on and here came the arm pains back and now I have some neck and jaw pains like this too and ive been tired.So now im getting scared again and wondering if its just anxiety or heart pain.Anyone else get all these symptoms?

Old 09-10-2007, 09:58 AM   #2
(female)

tetianainto HB User
Re: getting scared

Hi, this sounds like anxiety to me. You've had the tests, so you know that your heart is ok. The random aches and pains in your arm are familiar to me. Also, the neck and jaw pain, too. In fact the jaw pain is a relatively new symptom for me, but again it is anxiety because when i take an ativan, the jaw pain goes away ......being anxious takes an enormous physical toll on your body (think about the tightness is your jaw and all the muscles that it must take) and the tiredness is also a part of it. So, it all sounds familiar.

take care,

c

ps. i take celexa and it helps a lot with the physical symptoms.

Last edited by ms_mod; 09-10-2007 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2007, 12:04 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

confused32 HB User

Hi tnmomof5,

I know were board buddies on this whole arm and jaw thing. My problems have not gone away either. I keep thinking mine is angina cause it happens alot when im stressed and i know angina can come in your jaw and it happens during emotional or physcial stress, so i worry about that. I also as you know have had all the test and they say normal also. I think with both of us its just stress and we start to worry and then that makes it worse. You could always go to your doc and ask for yearly testing to be done to put your mind at ease. Like tetianainto posted below im the same way when i take an ativan i seem to feel better and that is a sure sign that it is stress and not the heart.

Old 09-10-2007, 01:03 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User

hey confused yep we are board buddies.So you're still having this junk too.I wish it would just go away for the both of us it really sucks and gets worrisome.Anyway,I really appreciate these responces and I have called and made an appointment with my doctor which won't be till wendsday afternoon.I am also having daily headaches.I did'nt want to take any medication again but I think i'll ask the doctor for a benzo or something fast acting to see if like you mine goes away with that too.I may ask for another stress test which I hated that dang treadmill but it could maybe be more reassurance hopefully.

thanks

Old 09-10-2007, 01:54 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

confused32 HB User

When you go back to the doctor i would tell him i want a nuclear stress test done instead of the regular treadmill one, the nuclear one is alot more accurate in showing problems. I have had 2 of them in the last 2 years and that is about the only thing that helps me when i get worried that my symptoms are due to my heart. I figure if something was wrong it would have shown on one of the test. I wish we both could get some relief from this worry, i pray everyday for it. Good luck at the doctor and let me know how it turns out.

Confused

Old 09-12-2007, 02:07 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User

Ok so I guess I should feel better ..really I don't know...
The doctor figures I have alot of tension going on wwhich is probably causing all these pains and possibly the jaw pain is TMJ and not related to the arm pain.I said "so no more heart testing?" and she said "Well we will do an ekg and take blood before you leave." So the ekg looked good.I asked for something to take for the anxiety on a as needed basis but she prescribed me Buspar instead.I took the first one right after I got it filled.I have read online they take one or two weeks to kick in.I swear I am feeling effects already though some good some not so good.She has me taking this twice a day and then come back to see her in two weeks.I sure hope I am not just waiting for a heart attack to happen.....hope this works.
by the way last night I had heartburn in the left side of my chest took some zantac that slowly subsided.Then 4 am I wake to acidy stomach took another zantac again it slowly subsided.Then when I woke again I had a sour belly with lots of gas and burping.........ugh so sick of this crap

Last edited by tnmomofive; 09-12-2007 at 02:09 PM.

Old 09-12-2007, 05:07 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

V_dubgurl HB User

tnmomoffive
I know how you feel. I go through this all the time with chest pain. I have had every test and was convinced I was dying of a heart attack soon. Its been 3 years since I have been getting these chest pains. They are scary everytime, but I notice if I ignore them, they go away. Im sure if it was a "real threat" your pain, wouldn't subside at all, it would get worse.

I do want to tell you though, that When I first joined this board, You made me feel really welcome, and I want to thank you for that. I was a scared hermit when I first came here, and with the help of all of you, I have most of my life back. You have helped me alot, and I just want to thank you!
I hope you feel better! Try not to get all worked up about the pains, they are most likely stress related.

Old 09-13-2007, 06:59 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User

That's nice of you dubgurl.I am glad I have been a part of helping you out.Also it is reassuring to hear im not the only one with these symptoms.I guess after years of not having alot of symptoms that mimics things and then this crap it gets scarey.Does'nt help when ya hear stories of women testing normal for heart stuff and then finding later it was their heart.I am trying to give this Buspar a chance though eventhough I didnt want to go back on meds.I can already feel some effects some I do not like ..but I know ya gotta give meds a chance.Thanks so much for your nice words.I am so glad to hear how well you are doing now and hope it keeps up for ya.

Closed Thread