It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2007, 01:48 PM   #1
(male)

grinch1989 HB User
Eye "Pain"

Hi all! I have been through a ton of symptoms over the last 8 months or so, but there is this one I can't seem to get over. My right eye feels tight when I try to move it to the extreme positions (up, down, etc...). I almost feel a pulling sensation in the bridge of nose when I do this. Sometimes there is a pinching type pain (not really pain, just something I notice) when i do this. Sometimes during the day when I have my eyes fixed on a computer screen then look quick at my phone I will feel this pinching discomfort as well. Some days I get a headache from this, but not everyday. My right ear feels fulls sometimes as well and my ears are always popping. I had tension headaches for months but those seem to be coming less and less, but I am still hanging onto this eye thing from about two months now. It hasn't gotten worse or better (if it were a really a bad disease I would think I would be hurting by now!) I had a full eye exam in May and called the eye doc about this last month and she said it was eye muscle tension or dry eye from anxiety. She claims anything serious would have showed up during the exam (eye pressure, etc..) And in typical anxiety fashion, when I take my mind off it (which is not very often), I hardly notice it if at all! Anyone else feel something like this? Thanks!

Last edited by grinch1989; 10-29-2007 at 01:16 PM.

Old 09-10-2007, 01:49 PM   #2
(male)

grinch1989 HB User
Re: Eye "Pain"

Last edited by grinch1989; 10-29-2007 at 01:18 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2007, 01:20 PM   #3
(male)

grinch1989 HB User

Anyone?????

Old 10-29-2007, 01:45 PM   #4
(female)

eloise_girl24 HB User

YES!!!! I HAVE THE SAME THING!! I just had an eye appt. a few months ago and the woman told me my eyes were perfectly healthy and that i had 20/20 vision and to not come back for a year. i asked her about my weird eye pain with movement and she said it was probably from my computer use. she said she saw a lot of people with the same thing but offered me no consolation or solution. it was really frustrating. grinch, i feel your pain, literally. i get tension, sinus, cluster and migraine headaches also. i think it's something to that maybe. just try to stay calm and rational. it's very easy when your scared to get irrational and think it's something horrible. hang in there and let me know if you talk to your doctor again and ill let you know if i talk to mine!

Old 10-29-2007, 02:08 PM   #5
(male)

grinch1989 HB User

eloise_girl, this is great news (well sorta, if you know what I mean ) that I am not the only one that feels this! It drives me crazy all day long and it makes check my eyes all the time to make sure they are "ok". This will help me get over this problem and move onto the next Thanks for the reply, I will sleep better tonight!

Last edited by grinch1989; 10-29-2007 at 04:59 PM.

Old 10-29-2007, 05:30 PM   #6
(male)

grinch1989 HB User

eloise, I have more questions Do you notice it mostly in one eye or equal in both? Also, does it bother you just while looking at the computer? I notice my "discomfort" most of the time (but worse when watching tv, reading, looking at the computer) even on weekends while not working on the computer. I guess it doesn't help moving my eyes to extreme positions all day "checking" them. Thanks again.

Last edited by grinch1989; 10-29-2007 at 06:29 PM.

Old 10-30-2007, 08:34 AM   #7
(female)

eloise_girl24 HB User

i notice it in both eyes most of the time and then sometimes only in one eye. im constantly checking my eyes too. i sit in the bathroom staring at the mirror moving a light back and forth in front of my eyes to see if i can see anything going on. yes i notice my discomfort most of the time but even more when im watching tv, on the computer(which im on all day, all week at work), reading, etc. i also notice it during the weekend but i think thats bc ive been on the computer for 5 days straight. i would love to be able to take a couple weeks off from the computer and see if it gets better but that isnt going to happen any time soon. it's weird but i also notice my discomfort when im outside looking up at the sky. weird. ive also gone through a hundred bottles of eye drops, which is also not good bc they say they are addicting and to not use them regulary. but ive gotten to the point that i cant sleep if my eyes are not lubed up. even if im away from home, i have to take my eye drops with me and/or go buy some before i can sleep. i sometimes feel like i have something "stuck" in my eye and it hurts to move it back and forth or look really high up or really down low. all those symptoms ive searched online for and they are all telling me dry eyes or allergy eyes but of course i think its sometime worse. my doctor ****** me off when she completely ignored my questions and concerns and just told me it was dry eyes. she gave me a prescription for and allergy eye drop and it gave me the worst metallic taste in my mouth. i thought it was just me until my husband used my drops and almost threw up from the taste. i havent used the drops since. i just stick to over the counter ones now. im sorry you have this too. i really really believe that all this eye stuff and anxiety is related. also ive read when you look at the computer screen, your eyes dont blink as much because of the light so your eyes dry out more. look up computer vision syndrome and see if this is something that sounds like you. i hope your eyes start to feel better soon. its very easy to start to get real scared when your concerned about medical stuff. it's a slippery slope downhill. first its one thing then you get obsessed with another thing and so on. just know you are not alone out there. i hope you feel better soon and if you have any questions feel free to ask!

Old 10-31-2007, 06:59 AM   #8
(male)

grinch1989 HB User

It kinda feels like computer vision syndrome, but maybe more of a pulled eye muscle. Do you think your eye pain feel like a pulled muscle pinch? Thanks again for the kind words!

Closed Thread